Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Phoenix Basic with bird logo out there.
it continues despite rumors and whatever that leap would be taken off in favor of semiroll. users keep falling into the hole, but tumbleweed should be the recommended state for opensuse.

for yabasic i recommend you switch to the active mode of opensuse linux. what a pity there is no appimage version.

you could go to github and download the package there. try to compile it yourself. but this is a mess at least with sdl to get graphics and sound. i ran into a different program the authors cannot tell us clearly which version 1 or 2 of libsdl. cannot always assume newer because some projects were 32-bit and preferred the separate libraries. a lot like how qb64 used to be distributed.

another user once complained having trouble creating "qb64pe" executable because he stayed with leap opensuse linux. this should have produced a red flag. this has to do with how zypper works. as i've said, better chance to compile it yourself. or anything else to do with it, you are better off with tumbleweed instead of leap or use some other linux distribution.

for smallbasic there is appimage version. i have two versions. one is to be used in the terminal for simple programs. like doing mathematics. or process text file. the other appimage has a gui. but it is hard to use if you are used to qb64 gui.

i don't think that much of either, you are better off with phoenix qb64.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Phoenix Basic with bird logo out there. - by hsiangch_ong - 05-18-2024, 05:11 PM