Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Either 0.7.0 is bad, or I'm doing something wrong
I downloaded 0.7.0 this evening. I deleted all files from my 0.6.0 location and extracted 0.7.0 to this location.

Problem 1: If I go to Help / About it still reports that it is 0.6.0.

Problem 2: My program that compiled fine under 0.6.0 fails to compile on 0.7.0. Something odd about this as well. My program file is named "WordClock 1.0.1.9.bas" but when it compiles it, an EXE called "WordClock.EXE" is created.

If I rename the program to "WordClock.bas" it still compiles to "WordClock.exe", but I still get an error and the EXE file size is significantly larger than it was with 0.6.0 (5.53MB vs 3.54MB).

Error reported is: C++ Compilation failed (Check .\internal\temp\compilelog.txt)

The contents of that log:

internal\c\c_compiler\bin\c++.exe -w -DGLEW_STATIC -DFREEGLUT_STATIC -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SOCKETS -DDEPENDENCY_NO_PRINTER -DDEPENDENCY_ICON -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SCREENIMAGE -DDEPENDENCY_LOADFONT internal\c/qbx.cpp -c -o internal\c/qbx.o
internal\c\c_compiler\bin\windres.exe -i internal\temp\icon.rc -o internal\temp\icon.o
internal\c\c_compiler\bin\objcopy.exe -Ibinary -Oelf64-x86-64 -Bi386:x86-64 internal\temp/data.bin internal\temp/data.o
internal\c\c_compiler\bin\c++.exe -w -DGLEW_STATIC -DFREEGLUT_STATIC -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SOCKETS -DDEPENDENCY_NO_PRINTER -DDEPENDENCY_ICON -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SCREENIMAGE -DDEPENDENCY_LOADFONT internal\c/libqb/libqb_make_0000010100000.o  internal\c/qbx.o internal\temp\icon.o internal\temp/data.o -o C:\Users\hanness\Desktop\WordClock  internal\c/parts/video/font/ttf/src.a internal\c/parts/core/src.a  -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -mwindows -lopengl32 -lglu32 -lwinmm -lgdi32
internal\c\c_compiler\bin\objcopy.exe --only-keep-debug C:\Users\hanness\Desktop\WordClock internal\temp/C:\Users\hanness\Desktop\WordClock.sym
internal\c\c_compiler\bin\objcopy.exe: 'C:\Users\hanness\Desktop\WordClock': No such file
mingw32-make: *** [Makefile:346: C:\Users\hanness\Desktop\WordClock] Error 1

My questions:

1) Other than extracting the files, is there something else I should be doing?

2) I am running on what may possibly be the final build of Windows 11 22H2. This is as yet to be determined, but I thought that it was important that I mention this. Is it possible that this could be contributing to the problem?

One last piece of info: As a test, I disabled real time virus scanning to be sure that is not a contributing factor.

Messages In This Thread
Either 0.7.0 is bad, or I'm doing something wrong - by hanness - 05-23-2022, 04:05 AM