Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When BASIC was at the top, do you agree?
(07-11-2024, 06:42 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote: Wow, you were there at QB64's roots. I didn't discover QB64 until 2010 while researching ways to make a QB45 game I was working on (a Mega-Bug clone) execute faster. When Galleon showed me how to use the _PUTIMAGE statement to enlarge an image I was hooked. I wish Rob was still active with the project.

@TerryRitchie

If you'd like to see the posts from that original QB64 forum: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qbasic/q...t-f585676/

Initially the project was compiler only. As more and more keywords were added, folks could since that this was going to be the real deal. At one point, Rob I think went into burnout, which like any real hardcore coder resulted in starting another project. Fortunately for us that was the IDE! That also made the aquatic community happy, as most others going through similar burnout experiences simply end up disrupting that community using a primitive system of string and hooked objects.

Pete

- Dark matter is a made up substance that fills the void of knowledge in the universe.

Messages In This Thread
RE: When BASIC was at the top, do you agree? - by Pete - 07-11-2024, 10:31 PM