Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally some good Windows 10 news to share.
I honestly think what Microsoft is shooting for, long-term, is hardware-free computing.  You basically pay them to host your computer in the cloud, stream to your TV, and all you need is a mouse/keyboard to interact with it.  All you'd have to do is basically carry a small keyboard with trackpad attached (similar to what goes with most tablets nowadays), and you could take your "PC" anywhere and cast it to any device you wanted.

...Gods!  Just think about it gives me the shivers, but it's really not that far fetched!  It's basically how I control the PC I have hooked up to my TV all the time -- that old laptop is over in the corner, dust covered and forgotten, on 24/7/365.25.  All I keep is a bluetooth trackball and keyboard over near my recliner/couch, and generally, all I need to do is use the trackball to scroll to click to various streaming serivices to watch different shows, or listen to music, or browse some wiki that I'm interested in.  I don't think I've actually interacted with that laptop's hardware in years, except to reboot it, or such, when it locks up completely on me for whatever reason.

I hate the thought of remote PCing, but I honestly imagine it's going to become the norm in the next 20+ years.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally some good Windows 10 news to share. - by SMcNeill - 07-12-2024, 07:25 AM