Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming Together...
@Dimster

Remember the many instances, in campaign 2020, when Biden claimed to be the candidate who would bring the American people together? He was sworn in as the 46th President and what did he accomplish? Further division. It was just a psychological ploy to appeal to Independent voters, sporting those lovely rose colored glasses. We also experienced this ploy in 2016 from Clinton with her 'Stronger Together' slogan. In reality, it just means we are in power now, so get in line or else. Don't believe the 'or else' part? Well, below are examples from both 'sides...' 

The Patriot Act was enacted to bring us together in the fight against terrorism. It turned out it didn't really help us find Bin Laden, but it did help provide some intel, albeit through some very nasty methods of 'enhanced interrogation.' 

Now let's look in the other direction back to that "Fundamentally transforming" spiel. That sure sounded rosy to our glasses of color folks, but in reality it was just code towards rewriting the Constitution. I switched to 'glasses of color' as a way to poke fun at some serious undermining of our independence that started during that movement. For instance, thought crimes are more likely to get you locked up today than stealing merchandise. Didn't get your classmates pronouns right? Expelled! 

Now let's marry these loss of freedom issues together and see what we got. We saw parents being labeled as 'domestic terrorists' all because they got vocal over the many ways progressive schools have taken control of their children. Ha ha, try to define who 'their' is these days. If that wasn't bad enough the Patriot Act, that never went away, made it such a 'domestic terrorist' charge could have deprived those concerned patriotic parents of their Constitutional rights, and worse. big government equals big control and big control sucks for us folks who love our freedoms.

--------------------------------------

NATO: Trump didn't exit NATO in his first term, but he did successfully pressure them to follow the rules and use 2% of their respective GDP to build up their respective military forces. What I can't respect from the Left is the bullshit that Trump will dismantle NATO, Trump's Hitler, Trump will destroy democracy. You have to ask yourself is that just political lies to undermine him, or are they projecting! Maybe the Left has gotten so bad they need exaggerated lies to draw an equal contrast? I swear there should be plenty of Democrats realizing that party has left them. I didn't support that party in 1980, but at least then I had respect for it.

Climate Change: News flash, the climate's been changing, without humans, for billions of years and life still exists. I've seen so many conflicting reports on man made CO2 emissions that I now compare those to the bullshit we were fed by scientists during Covid. Science results bought and paid for to manipulate the public. They're trying to herd the sheep, but not for a good cause. I see The Green New Steal as a movement by rich power hungry globalists, hell bent on acquiring even more wealth and power. In America I see the open border policy as a repeat of the 1970s illegal immigration surge. Businesses routinely hired illegals, during that period,  and payed them less. Today I see us building all the bullshit we don't need because of this made up man made climate bullshit, and now we have the workforce to do it.

Pete

Messages In This Thread
Coming Together... - by Pete - 07-17-2024, 03:33 PM
RE: Coming Together... - by Dimster - 07-18-2024, 11:31 AM
RE: Coming Together... - by Pete - 07-18-2024, 05:12 PM
RE: Coming Together... - by bplus - 07-18-2024, 12:27 PM
RE: Coming Together... - by Dimster - 07-19-2024, 01:25 PM
RE: Coming Together... - by Pete - 07-19-2024, 04:42 PM
RE: Coming Together... - by dano - 07-22-2024, 02:52 AM
RE: Coming Together... - by Dimster - 07-19-2024, 05:52 PM
RE: Coming Together... - by Pete - 07-19-2024, 07:11 PM
RE: Coming Together... - by Dimster - 07-19-2024, 07:45 PM