Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve's Programming Challenge: Weights and Measures
(08-16-2024, 03:18 AM)SMcNeill Wrote:
(08-16-2024, 02:17 AM)TerryRitchie Wrote: Well hell Steve, your example of 1/3rd in decimal made the light bulb finally go off in my head concerning this issue. It was as simple as relating the issue to a decimal equivalent. Heck, it's so simple now. You missed your calling as a teacher methinks.

I've always loved when that light bulb tics for people; you can just see it on their face, and it usually brightens up a room.  I've never been a *paid* teacher, but I've always tried to share and teach all I can freely.  

And, to be honest, I'm grateful I didn't become a teacher.  Back ages ago, I had an invite to work at Virginia Tech as a teacher for QBASIC/VISUAL BASIC.  Was "..." <-- THAT close to taking the job.

Had I taken it, I would've been right there, center stage, in Norris Hall as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_shooting <-- THAT went down.

So I *love* to teach.  I just thank God I never actually became a teacher.  I was ".." close to that dark day!
Yikes.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve's Programming Challenge: Weights and Measures - by TerryRitchie - 08-16-2024, 03:41 AM