Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I also have a question - about DefInt
Shocked 
(08-16-2024, 11:43 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: Division by 0.

T1 isn't a shared variable.

Of course!!! [Image: shocked.png]

(08-16-2024, 11:45 PM)DSMan195276 Wrote: You're seeing the difference between `/` division and `\` division. Basically, "regular" division turns both arguments into floating-point (`DOUBLE`) values before doing the division, and the result is another floating-point value. If you pass the expression directly to `Print` then you'll be printing the resulting `DOUBLE` value.

If you instead do `t4 = t2 / t1`separately and pass `t4` to `Print` then you'll always see an integer. The assignment of the value to `t4` turns the value back into an integer value. Alternatively, you can Print `t2 \ t1`, which will do integer division. Integer division does not turn either value into a floating-point value and will give you an integer result.

Separately you get Inf because you're doing a divide-by-zero, the `t1` variable is not shared with the `Sub`.

Ah, got it; thanks.
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/

Messages In This Thread
RE: I also have a question - about DefInt - by PhilOfPerth - 08-17-2024, 02:21 AM