Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying Patreon Plug
Helps!   Helps!   Helps!   We needs all your moneys!!   For just dollars a day, you can help save the world!!

Now, if you're past the awful begging for money sales pitch, I just thought I'd take a moment and remind folks that we DO, in fact, have a Patreon where you can pledge and donate a few dollars to help keep the lights on and running.   This last year, we hit enough subscribers that we should *ALMOST* be at a perpetual always-paid-for state for server costs and what not.

As of last April, I believe we were close enough that a full year's worth of donations would put us all of about $20.00 short, or such, for paying for our server costs.

Only real issue is -- prices on *everything* seems to keep increasing, except for what we ask folks to donate to help keep the lights on around here.  Our income is staying the same, but the expenses slowly go up over time.

Easiest solution?

Come here and beg, whine, and guilt everyone into giving me ALLS your moneys!   $$$

Tongue

Nah.   The easiest solution is just to remind folks every couple of releases or so that we do, indeed, have a Patreon.  If you feel like tossing us a few bucks each month, that's perfectly fine.  If not, that's perfectly fine as well.  We're NOT in this for the money, and we're definitely not a FOR-PROFIT on anything.  I just know different folks like to support the project in various ways, and as such, every so often like to remind them that THIS option still exists -- even if we don't advertise it or push for it much:

Sign up on Patreon and join the recurring monthly donations of $3, $5, or $10!  (I know, we ask for a LOT, when that tiny amount won't even pay for a large coffee at Starbucks once a month anymore.)  https://www.patreon.com/user?u=86544769

I'm not pushing anyone to donate.  I'm not even ASKING anyone to donate.  You're not going to get anything in the world extra if you DO donate.  I'm just, like always, reminding folks that they CAN donate via Patreon, if they WANT to.

And dammit, don't laugh at me because I have a sucky sales pitch!  I'm a farmer, not a dang car salesman!!  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Annoying Patreon Plug - by SMcNeill - 08-28-2024, 09:37 PM
RE: Annoying Patreon Plug - by SMcNeill - 08-28-2024, 09:44 PM
RE: Annoying Patreon Plug - by TerryRitchie - 08-29-2024, 12:19 AM
RE: Annoying Patreon Plug - by marbac74 - 08-31-2024, 12:38 PM
RE: Annoying Patreon Plug - by bplus - 08-31-2024, 01:58 PM
RE: Annoying Patreon Plug - by SMcNeill - 08-31-2024, 02:33 PM
RE: Annoying Patreon Plug - by marbac74 - 08-31-2024, 02:52 PM