Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting Focus between console and terminal
No I am not running it from the IDE. Wouldn't work at all in the IDE.  Yes I am running a compiled program from the terminal. The idea to run the program from the terminal was determined by the guy who wrote INFORM. I don't remember his name but he posted a how to a long time ago on how to use the terminal with QB64 Linux. It works, no problem by his way, and had to be run that way in order to use the terminal with Linux. This has been a problem for many years that has never been addressed. By using the shell command I can make the terminal run the commands. If only running one command there is no problem although by adding a menu to my main program I have to shift focus between the main window and the terminal window manually.  I have another programming language that has a SetFocus command, which allows me to set the focus between two windows. Would be nice if QB64 and a meta command that would do the same.  I tried to post a picture of what I am doing but it crops half of the picture. I know that I can output the results to a file but that's not what I prefer to do.  Guess I will have to use a bash scrip to accomplish what I wanted to do. Thanks for replying.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Setting Focus between console and terminal - by cage - 09-01-2024, 02:44 AM