Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG! OMG! OMG! I found QB64's lost HOLY GRAIL!!
(Yesterday, 05:39 PM)Gets Wrote:
Quote:And since forever and ever and ever ago, I have asked everyone from users to devs to my local priest, *HOW THE BLEEP DO WE USE HARDWARE1*???
I remember answering a few times.

Since my posting rate is bimonthly, I checked every post I ever made ever. 

Here's me telling you about it in 2018:

Quote:Set the destination for a hardware image to 1 and it will be displayed on that screen, I think. I don't remember anything else

Man, I wish you would've posted an example of that all those years back!  For some reason, it just didn't sink in what you were saying, without any sort of example to work from, or go by. 

That ",I think" made the answer seem uncertain, and the mention of set the destination to 1 made me think of it as something like:

_DEST 1
_PUTIMAGE ,hardwarehandle

(I wonder if that even works with the above, or is that as wrong as my brain screams at me that it's wrong?   I'm so used to PCOPY 0, 1 that I think of 1 as being a screen page and not a hardware destination layer...)

At least now it appears that we're finally sorting out the details on it and getting it all properly documented for folks, so they won't have to go another six years without understanding it.  Many thanks for trying to tell us Gets.  Apparently we just didn't listen enough to learn what you were saying all those ages ago.  Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: OMG! OMG! OMG! I found QB64's lost HOLY GRAIL!! - by SMcNeill - Yesterday, 10:20 PM