Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
could someone kindly bring me up to date with a couple qb64 items?
I'm a little confused today... Going to qb64.com, in the Community > Forums section, there was always a link to here (which appeared last on the list, not sure why) but now it says there are no official forums for QB64, and no link to these forums at all. 

Searching for answers, I wound up at 
https://barnes.x10host.com/pages/BASIC-R...ources.php
where a link to these forums is first on the list. 

This may be a dumb question, but I'm not entirely clear what barnes.x10host.com is for, or why all this QB64 stuff isn't under one qb64.com domain? 

I realize things tend to change quickly in this crazy world of ours, and I don't follow the discord thread constantly, and maybe I missed a memo, so could someone explain what's up with that? 

Also, I see the talk about the new QB 0.81. The last version of QB64 that I downloaded, before the fiasco with what's his name, was 2.0.2. I imagine that after The Jerk kicked everyone off of the forums which included the git project for the source code, that the project had to be forked or recreated or whatever it was the devs had to so, but does that mean the only code we could pick up from was from before 1.0, or did the devs decide that QB64 PE was now a different project, and decide on some beta version numbering? 

I never saw a memo about the version numbering, so am not sure how that all came about. 
I would think that even if we "rebranded" QB64 as "phoenix edition", that we would want to keep incrementing the version number we had, and the next release would be version 2.1.x, 3.x, or similar? 
This kind of reminds me of back in the day when the marketing people for Intel started calling their CPUs Pentium, Pentium II, Pentium III, etc. instead of 586, 686, 786, etc. It's mildly annoying but as long as the stuff works right? I just want to understand how this newest version 0.81 compares to the old version 2.0.2, before upgrading...

Anyway, if anyone could please set me straight on the forums and the version numbering and which Web sites / domains are for what, it would be much appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
could someone kindly bring me up to date with a couple qb64 items? - by madscijr - 06-13-2022, 06:32 PM