Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BASIC's Comparison Matrix: ideas for content?
(07-24-2022, 11:38 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote:
(05-14-2022, 06:39 PM)CharlieJV Wrote: I added a few extra BASIC dialects, added an "Advanced Features" grouping of categories, and some (see attachment) cosmetic changes.

Oh noes you added Purebasic. I actually bought that, while it was about v4.30, and it was very buggy. Could never use it except to do pretty Windows GUI's. For games, graphics and sound QB64 was always my friend. I just downloaded Purebasic v6.00 because I could but I just don't have an use for that trash any longer. Comes "ready to use" on Windows but cannot even use it on Linux because it requires too many third-party and not enough "libre" dependencies, for its high price tag it's not worth it, on Slackware, Ubuntu or anything else. At v4.6 and Windows10 (should have been for Vista and later) it sucked I couldn't use the IDE debugger at all; when a program was compiled with debug information and run, the system invoked the standalone debugger as well. I had enough using it at v5.21 LTS (in 2014) on an old Toshiba laptop with 32-bit WindowsXP and the stupid IDE text editor, not even slicker than QB64 kept suddenly crashing so I lost my work.

I really don't want to get into discussions about non-QB64PE BASIC implementations here on the QB64 website.

The little bit of discussion about my own implementation, I didn't mind too much because I would like it to be, eventually, a little semi-compatible sidekick for QB64PE (as a portable source code repository for small snippets of code that can be programmed/tested.)

That Comparison Matrix is for all BASIC implementations, regardless of popularity and somewhat flexible on "purity", because "purity" is subjective.  However folk feel about any BASIC implementation, I won't be putting that in the matrix.

All of that aside, I did post about the Comparison Matrix here with the goal of getting any kind of accurate information from members that does QB64PE full justice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BASIC's Comparison Matrix: ideas for content? - by CharlieJV - 07-25-2022, 03:04 AM