Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a TON of source code and projects archived from PlanetSourceCode.com
(09-04-2022, 08:30 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote:
Quote:If not QB64, I'd rather have Freebasic than ancient M$VB.

This M$.. always reminds me of the old days in the @Heise forum; more than 20 years ago. This was a real battle zone!

Linux and Maccis against Windows. Windows and Maccis against Linux. Linux and Windows against Maccis. A System World War. At the time, I thought it was good. Warhammer out and on it. One could really relax mentally after university.  Tongue
The thing is that when I was able to use Visual Basic I was like LOL, what's the big deal? Because I discovered a BASIC interpreter bundled with OpenOffice.org v2 but couldn't go very far with it because the documentation was online and I couldn't have access at the time. When I was able to have Internet for the first time, I just didn't care about M$'s language products any longer. I downloaded Visual Studio Express but couldn't compile successfully the "Hello world" program that they provided, it was sick. Also I needed to get M$DN to be able to install Sony ACID Pro v6.0 on my computer. The next time I got a chance to use Visual Basic again was a few months ago when I made the great mistake of wasting 13GB of disk space on Visual Studio 2022. I only wanted to check out Terra (not by M$) out of it!

Visual Basic? Thanks but no thanks. Freebasic? Yeah maybe, once in a while when I'm bored and I don't have to play music from it. The way QB64 developed very fast from the "dot-rip" and now Phoenix Edition made me quite ignorant I think.

Messages In This Thread
RE: a TON of source code and projects archived from PlanetSourceCode.com - by mnrvovrfc - 09-04-2022, 11:02 PM