Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirwalker - Simplistic and Ergonomic Directory Browser
Glad to share revision 6-, the bug causing crashes was fixed. The bug was in readdir() C header, anyway, now the parsing of files is many times faster due to ALL C source, no stupid REDIMs - just reading the whole thing in one go. 98,000+ files in 2 seconds, not bad.

The short video features, few new things:
- '`' - The Animated Search (in files list) accepts two wildcards "*" and "#" - jumps to the next file matching the pattern;
- '/' - The Filtering (in files list) accepts two wildcards "*" and "#" - leaves visible only files matching the pattern;
- Now a screensaver (as a benchmark) can be activated with F12, my laptop i5-7200U gives 88 FPS, this is on Fedora 36 with GCC 12.1 and -O3 optimizations;
- Another simple add-on is 'Dirwalker.ini' - if (this 3 lines long) file is present where the ELF/EXE is located, then it is used to override the input of FONT and the RESIZE of window.

Just use something like:

Code: (Select All)
copy con Dirwalker.ini
v
Ctrl+Z

This will act as if the 'V' font was selected and 296 columns with 80 rows were resized. For FHD i.e. 1920x1080, I use empty first line (just pressing Enter) and 222 and 60 as second and third line.

And as always, the full sourcecode and Linux/Windows binaries are 100% FREE:

.7z   Dirwalker_r6-.7z (Size: 1.97 MB / Downloads: 61)

Enfun!
"He learns not to learn and reverts to what the masses pass by."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dirwalker - Simplistic and Ergonomic Directory Browser - by Sanmayce - 12-06-2022, 09:25 AM