Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frame rate within a frame rate - Better!
Albert Einstein was like "Huh?" many times while he had to go to school too. It indicates a genius hears something for the first time but then quickly figures it out afterward.

This is an interesting concept going on in what seems to be a simple arcade game quite easy to program, given the development tools available. I guess with eg. Lua Love frame rate for anything is nothing to worry about as long as "critical section" interprets the fewest lines possible. A game like Pac-Man should have been doable on QB64 SDL, this is what I believed when I started using it. Then I figured out what was wrong when I attempted to create a simple music sequencer. Trying to play more than one wave file at a time was all over the place, and I couldn't get _SNDPLAY to cooperate on tight timing. Then I created a "vector synthesizer" which sounded off when a "joystick" hit at least one of the corners. It was messy having to use _SNDRAW to produce the sound and there was serious latency with the visuals. I wanted it to be like Logo but with sound.

Now with the hotrod GPU's and this programming system's ability to use hardware pages, someone might be able to do that one-man MMORPG after all...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frame rate within a frame rate - Better! - by mnrvovrfc - 02-01-2023, 03:23 PM