Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Octogo Board Game
Hi dcromley,

Thanks for checking out my game. To answer your question, it's my understanding that a player must perform 2 moves per turn. With that said, if you move 1 space only, you must follow that move with a 45 degree rotation. I just read the description of the game in Board Game Geek and found that the number of moves is unclear. It seems that you have the option of making 1 or 2 moves per turn. I don't own the game nor do I have a copy of the rules. And I can't find a copy of the rules anywhere. I got my information from the Youtube video I posted and it seemed to me that you must make 2 moves per turn. He gave examples of types of move you can make: Move 1 piece 2 spaces or Rotate a piece 2 steps forming a 90 degree rotation or Rotate a piece then move it 1 space or Move a piece and then rotate it 45 degrees. All of those = 2 moves per turn. Ok, I just watched the video again and he does say you can make 1 or 2 actions per turn. It seems I need to make a modification to the game. Thanks for pointing that out. I will make the necessary changes and re-post the updated code in this tread as a new replay. I think the best way to end your turn after performing 1 move is having the player click on the same piece in it's current location on the board.

Donald

Messages In This Thread
Octogo Board Game - by Donald Foster - 05-02-2023, 05:45 PM
RE: Octogo Board Game - by mnrvovrfc - 05-02-2023, 07:35 PM
RE: Octogo Board Game - by Donald Foster - 05-02-2023, 08:27 PM
RE: Octogo Board Game - by dcromley - 05-03-2023, 01:55 AM
RE: Octogo Board Game - by Donald Foster - 05-03-2023, 03:21 AM
RE: Octogo Board Game - by Donald Foster - 05-03-2023, 04:51 AM
RE: Octogo Board Game - by dcromley - 05-03-2023, 03:41 PM