Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Got so drunk for St. Patricks Day, I programmed something in graphics...
@Steffan-68, Thanks, that's it! - I didn't find this in the first version, so there are still some more ways to Rome.  Rolleyes
I noticed something else in the new version: There is no end, no matter what choice you make. After -Enter-, no response.

I know something like that from before. One think one have eliminated a wrongdoing, but a new problem arises somewhere else that wasn't there before.
@bplus, your type version works - in any case there is no error message.
KP that was Pete's type, I was impressed by it's length, size matters.
b = b + ...
(03-21-2024, 11:20 AM)Kernelpanic Wrote: @Pete, with the corrected version it no longer works with F11 and F12, regardless of whether it is an image or a website.
It works with the old function. - Did I perhaps miss something?

https://s19.directupload.net/images/200112/azbxrnb2.jpg

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/
RATS! I converted sooooo many variables, thought I had them all, but I missed converting url$ to tx.url$. Fixed in updated version in first post. Thanks for catching that!

Well I didn't have time to get much done today, so I just added a rudimentary mouse routine to click and move the cursor. NO drag feature yet, but I did add cursor left and right highlighting. I haven't debugged it much, but I'm done for the day and figured I'd just post it, as it does contain the F12 URL follow link fix.

Pete
Quote:I converted sooooo many variables, thought I had them all, but I missed converting url$ to tx.url$. Fixed in updated version in first post. Thanks for catching that!
This wouldn't have happened with Option _Explicit. There are even more such errors in the source code.

[Image: Fehler-bei-OE-2024-03-22.jpg]

What me has now been noticed is that there is no way to display all errors in the text. As it is now, one have to move hand over hand with "Dim . . ." from mistake to mistake.

What is still missing is Press any key. Old - new version:
[Image: Press-Any-Key.jpg]

kostenlose gif bilder
Not to worry on the CC variable. Some "local" variables I don't TYPE. This is something I have always loved about BASIC, you don't have to declare or type variables at all.

Far from done, but today, for fun, I coded mouse highlighting and clickable hypertext. The "how to" steps appear on the program screen. I updated the first post with the newer code.

There's plenty of figures with WP apps in text, and graphics makes even more figuring necessary. I figure I'm still not to old to figure it out; figures crossed.

Pete Big Grin
(03-22-2024, 11:26 PM)Pete Wrote: Not to worry on the CC variable. Some "local" variables I don't TYPE. This is something I have always loved about BASIC, you don't have to declare or type variables at all.

Far from done, but today, for fun, I coded mouse highlighting and clickable hypertext. The "how to" steps appear on the program screen. I updated the first post with the newer code.

There's plenty of figures with WP apps in text, and graphics makes even more figuring necessary. I figure I'm still not to old to figure it out; figures crossed.

Pete Big Grin
Don't be discouraged Pete. Stay strong! Cheers!  Tongue

Got the cut, copy, paste stuff underway. Updated the first post.

Boring stuff ahead. I need to make a pixel counter to limit the paste function. It's soooo much easier with a text screen. but then we can't change individual font sizes without using a hardware overlay in text.

Less boring stuff is to go over the rules and conditions. Right now we can screw with it with ctrl entries and some other stuff that will break the code. Once those restrictions are in place, it will be time to see what I can consolidate, and maybe get it a little less bulky. I like optimizing, but overdoing it can make it hard to follow the code; so I'll have to weigh that out a bit, first.

After all the cleanup is done, I suppose the next step will be to add popup window cut, copy, and paste support.

Pete
Good project, really. If I knew more about Basic. . . When I look at the source code, I'm still looking for a way to combine F11 and F12. That just has to go. If one click on OK, the corresponding page have to displayed.
Updated post. Did some more highlighting using ctrl + arrows and optimized the code for home / end and cursor highlighting. Tightened up the code to disallow errant key presses.

Pete