Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to display a float number in scientific?
Absolutely right, Pete! But in the end, all that matters is the result . . . and the price one had to pay for it.
Ah, but there is more than one result. There's the program, and then there's the programmer. One can find his socks, but the other can knit them. I'm really pissed now. Not at you, at that being the first analogy that popped into my head. Maybe you're right, next time ask ChatGBT to make all my analogies, so I don't need to make my apologies.

Pete
Fake News + Phony Politicians = Real Problems

(08-04-2024, 02:25 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: For example:
Code: (Select All)

Print Using "##.##^^^^"; 12345.6

Print Using
Perfect. Thanks very much.   Smile

It completely slipped my mind to adjust at Print Using level, even though I have formatting statements everywhere in the code.
+1 to the Kernel for PRINT USING example.

+1 to Jack for alternative c lib example. (That one was new to me!)

Pete

yes +1 to KP for QUICK simple solution, I learned sometyhing too, start wearing tin foil hat.

ehhh I think jack cheated resorting to outside QB64 Smile
b = b + ...
Jack can do whatever he wants. He honestly blew me away with his decfloat routine, and QB64 translates to C, anyway. Oh the irony!

Pete Smile

(08-05-2024, 04:25 PM)Pete Wrote: Jack can do whatever he wants. He honestly blew me away with his decfloat routine, and QB64 translates to C, anyway. Oh the irony!

Pete Smile

OK then Jack can give himself a point, I would like to C that!
b = b + ...
Easy. Jack would just have to register with some BS alias like norbybot. Dodgy 

Pete

Angry

who was that masked alien?
b = b + ...
the deleted post was an emoji that you get by pressing the Windows key and the . key, it doesn't work on this forum