Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
size of _Float
(09-09-2022, 06:35 PM)Jack Wrote: SMcNeill, about what time is the surgery to take place?

I go into the hospital at 5AM Tuesday morning (Sept 13th).  Final prep then (needles inserted, chest shaved, diodes attached, ect), and I go under the knife that morning for a 10 hour surgery.  If all is good, I'll be out and in ICU by that evening, and I'll stay gassed under for a few days so the stitching and all can take and they can monitor for any signs of infection.  Once awake, I'll stay in ICU for about a week and then go into rehab for as long as a month afterwards.  

My hope, at this point, is to be home and independent by Halloween.
thanks and good luck Smile
Quote:I go into the hospital at 5AM Tuesday morning (Sept 13th).  Final prep then (needles inserted, chest shaved, diodes attached, ect), and I go under the knife that morning for a 10 hour surgery.

Well, all the best! You should nevertheless think positively.
If the operation is problem-free, you have thought for nothing. If it goes wrong, have your thoughts also of no used.

It's not the same as heart surgery, but in 2010, on the advice of my dentist, I had my teeth straightened; there was nothing to see, but something was really wrong. For the correction, the teeth had to be ground down and straightened in order to put on the crowns.

The first session lasted 5 hours and four injections a four stitches. The second session lasted over 7 hours and I received 5 injections of 4 stitches each. I was so exhausted. . . and I was there by bike. The third session also lasted more than 5 hours and was one of the worst, because the upper teeth would ground down and I got the injections in the palate. In all the hours I helped myself by thinking about my great love. C'est la vie!

As I said, no heart surgery, but after all three sessions I got myself a good bottle of red wine and that rebuilt me.

If I were going to have an operation like yours, I would say to myself: If you get out of here alive, I'll get myself a good bottle of wine, or two, and a baguette, and raw ham to go with it. And Cheers!

Quote:My hope, at this point, is to be home and independent by Halloween.

Of course! That's the right attitude!
(09-09-2022, 05:53 PM)SMcNeill Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 05:27 PM)Jack Wrote: thank you SMcNeill Smile
I hope that you are doing well in your health

We'll find out after Tuesday.  My surgery is finally scheduled and we'll just have to wait until afterwards to see how it all goes.  If all is good, it'll probably be a week or so until AFTER the surgery before you hear back from me.  I'm supposed to be in intensive care for about a week, or so, so I doubt I'll be worried about posting any updates anywhere until I'm out of there at least.  Wink

If you guys don't hear back from me by the end of the month, host a mug in my memory and know it was a pleasure and a blast getting to know all of you and interacting with you all.  Even if the worst imaginable happens and I'm gone, QB64-PE will continue along with the rest of the development team without me.  Smile

Good luck Steve, we will be thinking about you!
b = b + ...