Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inform for QB64pe Script fix
The problem is not with the script but rather the website that is suppose to host the downloads.  From what I can tell that website does not exist as written in the installer.  That is why there are connection time outs at least at 192.168.10.101.
The I.P. address times out, but isn't the link you want: (replace "x"s with "t"s)

hxxp://l7d.ddns.net/qb64pe/packages/qb64pe-3.3.0_lnx.tar.bz2

instead of...

hxxp://192.168.10.101/qb64pe/packages/qb64pe-3.3.0_lnx.tar.bz2

because this one works: http://l7d.ddns.net/qb64pe/packages/qb64...nx.tar.bz2

Pete
Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience but I made a small mistake when uploading my script (I sent my local version Vs the internet release). Blush

So, please reload the script and enjoy InForm-pe with QB64PE v 3.3.0 at l7d.ddns.net

The file must be dated as of 10/21/2022 with the md5sum: f0a9d55a9cd5460f110a5ee99df0c14a

Cheers.
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue
Fifi

Sorry for the late response.  I have some personal problems that needed my attention.  Your script does now works but unfortunately Inform still does not work.  Although I am running KDE Plasma  in a virtual machine and it works perfectly. My native desktop is XFCE where it doesn't work.  I did do a temporary fix while I tried to figured out what was wrong.  The problem lyed in loading the fonts list.  For some reason in XFCE it won't load it, but in KDE it will.  So after experimenting with XFCE I was having no luck.  Then I tried something that shouldn't of worked but actually fixed the problem.  It doesn't make any logical sense but it does work.

The fix that worked.....
 5085  FontPath$ = "/usr/share/fonts/TTF"

In line 5085 in the UiEdiror.bas program is where I made the change.  The original line read FontPath$="/usr/shar/fonts".  Go figure why adding the /TTF to the FontPath$ would make it work.  So if Inform is not working on a gtk platform the fix should cure that problem.  Anyways Fifi I really appreciate you help with the Inform problem.
The "FontPath$" that you put in the fix was the one that should have been in the first place. Why is it strange to you that it's only to point at true-type fonts? Only certain types of fonts could work.

I think you made a misspelling in the path. Otherwise different penguins with different D.E.'s set things differently such as paths for fonts. What I think is that "/usr/share/fonts" should be checked if there are font files and, if not, check "/usr/share/fonts/TTF" or some other subdirectory.

Part of the problem is running a Linux distro in a VM. It could behave differently that if it were properly installed somewhere.
Well like I said it didn't make any sense.  How ever that fix only works with ver3.0-3.1.  Ver 3.2-3.3 it will use only the fonts in the Inform resources folder.  But at least it will load and work.  I know some feel Linux it just the after birth of QB64 but people like me have been using qb64 since it birth on Windows.  However you are correct in some ways.  Depending on the type of Linux you are using to what problems you might come across.  The types of Linus like Debian, Ubuntu,Arch,ect will all have their way of doing things.  Example DOS 3.2 through Windows 11.  Everything can work but will have different quirks, and not always comparable.  So it's not just a Linux thing.  I have been using Linux every since Microsoft announced the EOL of Windows XP.  Other then a few problems here and there I have no regrets of switching over.