Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AurelEdit Phoenix Edition
thanks James on trying

yes the editor is created to work with o2 compiler but that part i can remove easy and..

For saving files...every time you click Compile ..the current file is autosaved .
@aurel
I have an issue with the compile feature....See below for screenshot. The file is opened in your editor but when I press "Compile->Run", this is what I see. It looks like the arguments you are sending are not formatted correctly.

[Image: image.png]
Tread on those who tread on you

Hi zak
don't use that menu option
use toolbar buttons
Tested...work with latest v 3.2.1 pE
and with large sic64 file,i increase char buffer
download from attachment...

Attached Files Image(s)

.zip   AEdit_QB64.zip (Size: 1.08 MB / Downloads: 65)
@aurel I hope you don't mind but I'm going to try my best to convert your Oxygen Basic code for AurelEdit to QB64. So far, I've converted the constants and type declarations. Next thing is to include all the Windows functions. It's possible that when I get done with the conversion that it will also work with 64bit because I'm also making each TYPE sized for both 32 and 64 using $IF and setting alignments.

(10-07-2022, 07:13 PM)Spriggsy Wrote: @aurel I hope you don't mind but I'm going to try my best to convert your Oxygen Basic code for AurelEdit to QB64. So far, I've converted the constants and type declarations. Next thing is to include all the Windows functions. It's possible that when I get done with the conversion that it will also work with 64bit because I'm also making each TYPE sized for both 32 and 64 using $IF and setting alignments.

Oxygen Basic? This? What an odd way of distributing binaries I must say. From what I can see, this is the compiler backend for ThinBASIC. I may be wrong. Is this open-sourced or closed-source?
I also have an issue with the find/replace dialog. The "Replace All" button first pops up a dialog saying it couldn't find a match. Then it shows all words were replaced. Then I scroll down and see it didn't replace any of them except maybe 1 or 2.

Side note: I really would like the dialog to have the tabs set up.

Quote:I really would like the dialog to have the tabs set up.

hi zak
Can you explain it more ...tabs set up...
tabs are supported of course...

well yes Find/Replace is used from some Scintilla sources and not work the best
Find work fine but Replace not very well ..i am not sure why?
(maybe i shoud ask Dav ..how he made it in PureBasic Huh  )

heh..nice try ...you are free to go
i would really like to see how you do that ...i hope that you post code
(maybe you can try compile it first with OxygenBasic it is easy in second compilation is finished)

main thing is in awinh037.inc
if you translate it properly to qb64 then all other things should work
i think Smile 

no thinBasic don't use Oxygenbasic as backend then old PowerBasic
I think the only part I'll have trouble with is if you have anything written in assembly as I don't know it at all. Everything else should be just fine, though. I'll work my ass off getting these declarations finished and then hammer out your wrapper functions. Not sure how long this will take me or if I'll be even able to get anywhere with it.

As for the "tabs", I meant being able to move between text boxes in the dialogs using the tab key. I pressed tab and nothing happened. That's alright, though. It actually might be hard to implement.

no no assembly
ahh yes there are lot of declarations..that is
and few UDT structures

o2 code is easy to read array[ ] , sub() , function()

for TAB key switching between tabs..well they are not Dialogs ..than Windows
in Dialog type of Forms TAB is automatic ..but on Windows type is not