Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does this crash?
Quote:BTW, did Order and Chaos run on your computer ok? What were your frame rates?

Yes just checked it out.

HW ran ~ 500 FPS but every time I restarted with spacebar the speed dropped, did not stay with it to see how low it would go but putting picture back together ran again at ~ 500 FPS then spacebar shatter a lower FPS then bak again at 500....

SW ran ~150 and if it dropped after a new spacebar shatter it wasn't nearly as noticeable as it was with hardware.
b = b + ...
(09-20-2023, 02:37 PM)bplus Wrote:
Quote:BTW, did Order and Chaos run on your computer ok? What were your frame rates?

Yes just checked it out.

HW ran ~ 500 FPS but every time I restarted with spacebar the speed dropped, did not stay with it to see how low it would go but putting picture back together ran again at ~ 500 FPS then spacebar shatter a lower FPS then bak again at 500....

SW ran ~150 and if it dropped after a new spacebar shatter it wasn't nearly as noticeable as it was with hardware.
Thank you for trying them out. These are just quick and dirty demos to show the difference in hardware vs software image speed as well as allowing the tutorial user to see the significant lower CPU% usage in Task Manager with the hardware version of the program.

When I get time I'll write a game that uses nothing but hardware images to showcase in the tutorial.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial