Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DATE$ function
(10-06-2023, 02:58 AM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote: It shouldn't do that. I've never seen it constantly loop on just that alone because it should report zero for normal user and nonzero for admin. If you cancel the UAC prompt, it is just going to close out anyways because the next statement is `System`. I've never had any issues using it, though. It (`SelfElevate`) is a big part of my registry library. But for future reference, leave the function as I provided. It was written this way for a reason.
@ SpriggsySpriggs  ok thanks for the code. it helped me out with a date/time setting function.
You're welcome. Hopefully it helps in other places as well.
Tread on those who tread on you

(10-06-2023, 12:26 PM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote: You're welcome. Hopefully it helps in other places as well.
What annoys me is that it still throws up a UAC prompt. Is there any way to avoid this?

That is: can I reset the UAC in an app..

Erik.
Deal with it. On Linux you would also have to enter your password. Otherwise you would have to run the whole system without exception with administrator's privileges.
(10-07-2023, 05:01 AM)eoredson Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 12:26 PM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote: You're welcome. Hopefully it helps in other places as well.
What annoys me is that it still throws up a UAC prompt. Is there any way to avoid this?

That is: can I reset the UAC in an app..

Erik.
The UAC prompt is default in Windows. You would need to edit your security settings in Windows to have it not show a UAC prompt. However, this is not recommended as programs would then be able to elevate themselves without your permission/knowledge and screw with your PC.

Security issues suck. I am the Network Administrator on my computer! Why should I not have access to everything??

Try editing Config.nt heh

Erik.
Still have not found a way to tell Windows to ignore UAC dialog box:

I found this tidbit on Google but it does not seem to do anything:

Code: (Select All)
How do I disable UAC for a specific program in Windows 10?
On your desktop, right click and select New > Shortcut. Paste 'C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /RUN /TN "Name of folder\Name of task" into the text box. This will create a link to your program that will automatically skip the prompt asking for permission to make changes to your computer.Dec 6, 2020
You have to edit your security settings for the whole PC.

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technic...ndows.html

(10-12-2023, 03:14 AM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote: You have to edit your security settings for the whole PC.

I already know how to manually set UAC.. I want my program in QB64 to do it for me.

Thanks for Autodesk! I signed up with them.

Erik.
(10-12-2023, 11:25 PM)eoredson Wrote:
(10-12-2023, 03:14 AM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote: You have to edit your security settings for the whole PC.

I already know how to manually set UAC.. I want my program in QB64 to do it for me.

Thanks for Autodesk! I signed up with them.

Erik.

Wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of UAC, which is supposed to protect you from programs altering your system settings, if it allowed a program to alter its settings?