Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
www.qb64phoenix.com is live
I believe this new website is going to do a much better job of showcasing QB64 PE than the forum-only setup ever has. Especially when for some dang reason, the only link to download it is merely a subforum near the very bottom of the page, disguised among other small subforum links. Newbies will probably feel it's more inviting, and easy to get right to the part where they try it on their computer. Experienced people, and potentially people with BASIC biases, might actually find it more respectable. Pretty much a win all around, in my opinion.

But if they follow a link to the non-www, it still goes straight to the forum. If someone followed a link here that didn't have it, they wouldn't get the new experience. Sad I've missed out on it for a bit just because I type the address or use a bookmark. I know this was already mentioned, and I believe it's a bigger issue than SEO.

I do suggest adding a link to https://qb64tutorial.com. That is a fantastic resource for people to immediately be made aware of.
(06-19-2024, 01:37 AM)vividpixel Wrote: I believe this new website is going to do a much better job of showcasing QB64 PE than the forum-only setup ever has. Especially when for some dang reason, the only link to download it is merely a subforum near the very bottom of the page, disguised among other small subforum links. Newbies will probably feel it's more inviting, and easy to get right to the part where they try it on their computer. Experienced people, and potentially people with BASIC biases, might actually find it more respectable. Pretty much a win all around, in my opinion.

But if they follow a link to the non-www, it still goes straight to the forum. If someone followed a link here that didn't have it, they wouldn't get the new experience. Sad I've missed out on it for a bit just because I type the address or use a bookmark. I know this was already mentioned, and I believe it's a bigger issue than SEO.

I do suggest adding a link to https://qb64tutorial.com. That is a fantastic resource for people to immediately be made aware of.

I agree that anyone new to QB64/QB64PE will find it much easier to get started since the link to download QB64PE is easily found right at the top of the page.

I also think that adding a link to https://qb64tutorial.com would be good for very old users of B.A.S.I.C. (like me) and especially good for those that are new to programming in BASIC and are more interested in the gaming and graphical aspects of the language.
I have no problem with the tutorial being added to the page if the admins wish to do that. It will always be free to use as anyone likes.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
grymmjack is the guy who's been upkeeping that webpage for us, and he's on vacation this week until after Friday.  You guys remember to send him a suggestion after he gets back, I'm certain he wouldn't mind looking into things for you all.  Smile