Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we actually living in a matrix?
Our universe may be a computer, albeit made out of cheap chips from China, but nonetheless one that is able to render our perceptions as we observe our holographic surroundings. While this concept of collective consciousness may seem a bit absurd, since we demonstrate individual consciousness over collective thought, perhaps it could be somewhat similar to how we make use of subroutines to create a program. That actually sends chills up my virtual spine when I think of "Judgement Day" in the terms of it being the final debugging session, but what's even scarier is imagining things like why whomever coded our universe included such problematic constructs as CALL CLIPPY. Maybe Steve can email a copy of the QB64 ERASE statement, to the creator, to deal with that one.

Pete

- I know a FreeBASIC user who's Non-Binary. That makes two reason he can't code.
Which style of Matrix do you mean?

- We are all living in a simulated virtual world with our bodies connected to a hive unbeknownst to us.
- We are computer simulations.

The first scenario implies we have our own intelligence. The second scenario implies that we are artificial intelligence or are controlled by a real intelligent "player".

The first scenario we might be able to break out of if Pete becomes "the one". In the second scenario we don't even exist except as AI code ... that may explain the random BS and hallucinations that people exhibit on a daily basis though. The AI code is buggy or the "players" are simply jerks.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
@TerryRitchie

Hmmm... Maybe I could explain it this way. Take Steve for instance. No please, take him, anything to get hm off my six, but kidding aside, years ago I did something my wife was ticked at me about, and I told her it wasn't me who did it, it was my evil twin Steve. So in one scenario, did I, as part of the collective consciousness, manifest Steve, in which case my CPU needs a big shot of compressed air, or is some other entity observing outcomes and adding code as it goes? That's a bit like the Mandela Effect, which I see as mostly a product of our minds conflating similar instances, like it was not Jiffy peanut butter, it was always Jif peanut butter but there was also a Jiffy Pop popcorn at that time, and therefore the reason for the conflating phenomenon.

My current personal belief (AKA best f-ing guess) is that everything in existence is energy in a wave form but somehow individual consciousness is like a sphere of white light energy, which is able to experience all outcomes at once. After all, at the speed of light, the passage of time doesn't really exist, so all things happen simultaneously. As such, it could be argued that eternity is more a state of no time than infinite time. So maybe to kill time, this system we think we live in was simply developed to slow things down, so we can perceive things more on a one at a time basis, and also provide us a way to deal with "eternity." I mean theoretically someone like me would need such a system to deal with missing a six-inch putt an infinite amount of f-ing times.

Pete
You're quite the philosopher when you holster those pistols, Pete. Good stuff.  Wink
" After all, at the speed of light, the passage of time doesn't really exist, so all things happen simultaneously. As such, it could be argued that eternity is more a state of no time than infinite time. "

Mind blown.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
Quote:Are we actually living in a matrix?
No, it is not a matrix. Life is a third-class burlesque, and we are the ham actor in it.  Big Grin
yes called the mind Smile so terry dont blow it lol
b = b + ...