Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minecraft Clone with OpenGL
(08-02-2024, 06:38 PM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote: Is it normal for it to freeze up on startup? Mine gets as far as the intro screen "QB BLOCKS" and then stops responding and has to be killed.
For QB64, this is normal, I studied for programs with OpenGL stuff, debugging is nearly impossible, so it takes me hours to figure out what the problem is and then find an alternative solution to it. It wouldn't freeze and show some error messages if there wouldn't be OpenGL code.
Just kill the process and restart it again, it may work.
Or check if the exe file can see the assets folder.
QB Blocks 3.2
Fixed some bugs

.zip   QB_Blocks_3.2.zip (Size: 73.03 KB / Downloads: 57)
QB Blocks 3.3
Nothing Much - You can build upto 256 blocks, and a new constant is added, which can control the chunk generation height.

.zip   QB_Blocks_3.3.zip (Size: 84.75 KB / Downloads: 41)
I'm still getting the same freezing in this version. It just freezes on the grey "QB BLOCKS" screen and becomes unresponsive. I am running the executable from the directory with the assets folder.
Tread on those who tread on you

QB Blocks 3.4
New Mode - Super Flat Worlds

.zip   QB_Blocks_3.4.zip (Size: 85.17 KB / Downloads: 43)

For SpriggsySpriggs:
First try the above zip file
else

.zip   QB_Blocks_3.4_SpriggsySpriggs.zip (Size: 85 KB / Downloads: 34) (without GL) -> If the menu screen shows up, it means qb64 can't support OpenGL on your system.
I'll give those a try today. QB64 does support OpenGL on my system. I'm running Windows 11 64 bit with an RTX GPU and Intel processor. This is probably the only OpenGL program I've had issues with. I don't think OpenGL is the cause of the issue.
Tread on those who tread on you

The last one I tried had a huge rectangular sun s l o w l y rise over a nice plane landscape, no key or mouse click I tried changed anything or the progress of the sun.

If you AP have any directions or help, I am missing it.
b = b + ...
QB Blocks 3.5
Fixed bug with super flat world choice

.zip   QB_Blocks_3.5.zip (Size: 87.32 KB / Downloads: 54)
It crashes a lot though
amazing ! I went from the stony part to a grassy part, and then there was a snowy part. My computer slowed down when there were a lot of trees. The rendering is also strange, because what is high is visible, but what is far away is not. it gives a false impression. but I enjoyed it, the atmosphere is good, I like the movement dynamics. You are very creative! This will surely be a great creation!
Beta Update: Added Block Light Update with sky light

.zip   QB_Blocks_3.6_beta.zip (Size: 86.92 KB / Downloads: 32)

The next update will be QB Blocks 4, a whole new rewrite, so expect it in a few months because I am going to college.