Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying Patreon Plug
Helps!   Helps!   Helps!   We needs all your moneys!!   For just dollars a day, you can help save the world!!

Now, if you're past the awful begging for money sales pitch, I just thought I'd take a moment and remind folks that we DO, in fact, have a Patreon where you can pledge and donate a few dollars to help keep the lights on and running.   This last year, we hit enough subscribers that we should *ALMOST* be at a perpetual always-paid-for state for server costs and what not.

As of last April, I believe we were close enough that a full year's worth of donations would put us all of about $20.00 short, or such, for paying for our server costs.

Only real issue is -- prices on *everything* seems to keep increasing, except for what we ask folks to donate to help keep the lights on around here.  Our income is staying the same, but the expenses slowly go up over time.

Easiest solution?

Come here and beg, whine, and guilt everyone into giving me ALLS your moneys!   $$$

Tongue

Nah.   The easiest solution is just to remind folks every couple of releases or so that we do, indeed, have a Patreon.  If you feel like tossing us a few bucks each month, that's perfectly fine.  If not, that's perfectly fine as well.  We're NOT in this for the money, and we're definitely not a FOR-PROFIT on anything.  I just know different folks like to support the project in various ways, and as such, every so often like to remind them that THIS option still exists -- even if we don't advertise it or push for it much:

Sign up on Patreon and join the recurring monthly donations of $3, $5, or $10!  (I know, we ask for a LOT, when that tiny amount won't even pay for a large coffee at Starbucks once a month anymore.)  https://www.patreon.com/user?u=86544769

I'm not pushing anyone to donate.  I'm not even ASKING anyone to donate.  You're not going to get anything in the world extra if you DO donate.  I'm just, like always, reminding folks that they CAN donate via Patreon, if they WANT to.

And dammit, don't laugh at me because I have a sucky sales pitch!  I'm a farmer, not a dang car salesman!!  Big Grin
Actual server costs for this year:  https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...4#pid23474
Actual Patreons donations per month: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=86544769

So this year, the cost was around $260 for the server/forums and whatnot.  
Our donations are $18 per month currently, so $200 or so per year.  ($216 minus whatever transfer fees are taken out and such.)

So that shows how close we are to being 100% fully solvent.   Just one or two more people donating -- even if it's at the lowest donation point -- and it should cover the costs of keeping things up and going fully for us.  (At least, until the prices rise on us once again and our donation amounts always remain static.  Wink )
I just want to say the time and effort the developers put into QB64pe is amazing. They do this for free!

I've been donating to the QB64 projects since the first Patreon was created, heck, almost 10 years ago now if I remember correctly. It's just a few bucks a month but really adds up over time to help them keep the lights on.

Other ways you can help the project, if Patreon is not your thing, is sharing code, getting involved with the community, helping others with questions, and reporting bugs you may find.
New to QB64pe? Visit the QB64 tutorial to get started.
QB64 Tutorial
(08-28-2024, 09:37 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: Helps!   Helps!   Helps!   We needs all your moneys!!   For just dollars a day, you can help save the world!!

Now, if you're past the awful begging for money sales pitch, I just thought I'd take a moment and remind folks that we DO, in fact, have a Patreon where you can pledge and donate a few dollars to help keep the lights on and running.   This last year, we hit enough subscribers that we should *ALMOST* be at a perpetual always-paid-for state for server costs and what not.

As of last April, I believe we were close enough that a full year's worth of donations would put us all of about $20.00 short, or such, for paying for our server costs.

Only real issue is -- prices on *everything* seems to keep increasing, except for what we ask folks to donate to help keep the lights on around here.  Our income is staying the same, but the expenses slowly go up over time.

Easiest solution?

Come here and beg, whine, and guilt everyone into giving me ALLS your moneys!   $$$

Tongue

Nah.   The easiest solution is just to remind folks every couple of releases or so that we do, indeed, have a Patreon.  If you feel like tossing us a few bucks each month, that's perfectly fine.  If not, that's perfectly fine as well.  We're NOT in this for the money, and we're definitely not a FOR-PROFIT on anything.  I just know different folks like to support the project in various ways, and as such, every so often like to remind them that THIS option still exists -- even if we don't advertise it or push for it much:

Sign up on Patreon and join the recurring monthly donations of $3, $5, or $10!  (I know, we ask for a LOT, when that tiny amount won't even pay for a large coffee at Starbucks once a month anymore.)  https://www.patreon.com/user?u=86544769

I'm not pushing anyone to donate.  I'm not even ASKING anyone to donate.  You're not going to get anything in the world extra if you DO donate.  I'm just, like always, reminding folks that they CAN donate via Patreon, if they WANT to.

And dammit, don't laugh at me because I have a sucky sales pitch!  I'm a farmer, not a dang car salesman!!  Big Grin
Hi Sam,
is Patreon the only way to make a donation? Or is it possible also via GitHub? I did something similar in another community and the thing worked. At the moment I'm not using QB64 in such a regular way to make a monthly donation. Would it be possible to make so to say a One Time Offer or something of that kind? BTW I could also consider the monthly donation, it doesn't make such a big difference (of course it depends on how much one donates  Big Grin ). I'm not so focused right now, I'm doing different things and I suspended my QB64 "activities" at the moment. Let me know, but I may be doing a small donation. Community and people seem ok.
Cheers,
Marco
@marbac74 check to:

Steve McNeill
230 McNeill Hill Road
Pilot, VA 24138

and no Patreon obligations!
b = b + ...
(08-31-2024, 01:58 PM)bplus Wrote: @marbac74 check to:

Steve McNeill
230 McNeill Hill Road
Pilot, VA 24138

Kindly hold off on those checks until April, or so, for those one time donations.  If I get them now, I'll probably forget all about them by that time.  I'm not out to embezzle any donations for myself, so I'd suggest folks just keep in mind that I ask for and collect those one-time payments once we closer to the time where we actually need to pay for our server renewals once again.   Wink
(08-31-2024, 02:33 PM)SMcNeill Wrote:
(08-31-2024, 01:58 PM)bplus Wrote: @marbac74 check to:

Steve McNeill
230 McNeill Hill Road
Pilot, VA 24138

Kindly hold off on those checks until April, or so, for those one time donations.  If I get them now, I'll probably forget all about them by that time.  I'm not out to embezzle any donations for myself, so I'd suggest folks just keep in mind that I ask for and collect those one-time payments once we closer to the time where we actually need to pay for our server renewals once again.   Wink
Sorry Steve for downgrading you to Sam  Big Grin Big Grin but really...no GitHub?!