Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Untitled Rouge-like
I have been on and off writing "Untitled Rouge-like", basically it is a prototype rouge-like game. Currently it is a very early game with not much to do, but walk around the map. 

Movement is done by point and click and also zoom in and out with the scroll wheel.

If you want to look under the hood on how the maps are made you can download TILED map editor from https://www.mapeditor.org/

Since the are some size limitations on the forum, its posted on my github at https://github.com/mechatronic3000/Untitled-Rougelike

Graphics are provided be Kenney at www.kenney.nl

Music is provided by Eric Matyas at www.soundimage.org

[Image: screenshot.png]

Attached Files
.7z   RougeLike.7z (Size: 4.46 MB / Downloads: 92)
(04-20-2022, 04:22 PM)Sprezzo Wrote: Quality work m8, got it running in windows after doing a mass-replace of /Assets/ to \Assets\ in the main bas file.

That is my bad, I use Linux only. I will fix it and push an update.
Sorry about that Windows users, I fixed it to run on either Windows or Linux. I'm not sure if it will run on MACOSX, since I currently don't have access to a Mac.

As a side note, this was compiled with v2.02 of QB64, v1.5 does not support some of the features being used.
Impressive, thanks for sharing.
@justsomeguy this is fantastic! Great work!
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
Thank you! I have a much later version, but its too buggy to showcase. When I get it to a better state, I will try to post it here and on my github.
As promised I have been working on my rouge like game. I've decided to call it Panacea. The story is about a kid named Isaac that has to help his father the town doctor craft medicine for the the village. You will be tasked to collect the ingredients and then craft the medicine.

This is still a work in progress and not very functional. You can travel to 3 maps total. Containers and inventory are not yet functional, so don't worry that your gold fluctuates depending which map you are in.

Combat will be turned based, similar to Fallout 1 and 2.

Crafting will be way different, it will hopefully be a mix of 2d physics as demonstrated in my fzxNGN demos(cutting board) and possibly cellular automata which I posted a long time ago.

Because, it is tightly integrated with the fzxNGN, it is under its github repo. I don't think a lot of people are comfortable with a large zip file, I'll just provide a link to the github and you can download it from there. You will need fzxNGN and the rougelike folders to make it work, and the file structure needs to be maintained.

I've only tested it in Linux, so some adjustments may be need for Windows.

https://github.com/mechatronic3000/fzxNGN

Here are some screen shots of the current progress.

[Image: Panacea1.jpg]
If you are wondering about text in the building, I was, and may still integrate menus into the landscape, instead of the traditional menu system, or mix of both. I haven't made up my mind.

[Image: Panacea2.jpg]
A crypt with some chests.

[Image: Panacea3.jpg]
Your house.