Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request: Suggestion for IDE
@Spriggsy
Hi Zack,
surely it is possible but not simple to do (to get setting of OS about mouse's behaviour)
moreover if original structure of QB64IDE has the goal to emulate QBasic, it hasn't the flexibility to acquire that feature without an hard work of building again a part or the whole QB64IDE.
So yes, it is not so simple to realize that feature (the mouse uses OS' settings).
(10-08-2022, 03:18 AM)TempodiBasic Wrote: @Spriggsy
Hi Zack,
surely it is possible but not simple to do (to get  setting of OS about mouse's behaviour)
moreover if original structure of QB64IDE has the goal to emulate QBasic, it hasn't the flexibility to acquire that feature without an hard work of building again  a part or the whole QB64IDE.
So yes, it is not so simple to realize that feature (the mouse uses OS' settings).

I was thinking statements like _MOUSEMOVEMENT, _MOUSEHIDE, _MOUSESHOW, _MOUSEX and _MOUSEY would do the trick.
(10-08-2022, 02:42 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote:
(10-08-2022, 03:18 AM)TempodiBasic Wrote: @Spriggsy
Hi Zack,
surely it is possible but not simple to do (to get  setting of OS about mouse's behaviour)
moreover if original structure of QB64IDE has the goal to emulate QBasic, it hasn't the flexibility to acquire that feature without an hard work of building again  a part or the whole QB64IDE.

I was thinking statements like _MOUSEMOVEMENT, _MOUSEHIDE, _MOUSESHOW, _MOUSEX and _MOUSEY would do the trick.

Correct. We would need to check keyboard events and then hide the pointer if it is over the IDE Window (or more preferably over the text edit region). A subsequent mouse move should make the cursor visible. IMO, this feature should be allowed to be toggled with a menu / setting option.
Hi
it is a simple and efficacy...a good example of Hoccam's Razor. Why do we go to the OS to ask how manage the mouse if we can do this into our application?

the code similar to
FlagMouseVisible = true: IF Len(INKEY$) > 0 then FlagMouseVisible = false
if FlagMouseVisible = false then _MouseHide else _mouseShow
very fine!
(10-05-2022, 05:42 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote: This may sound like a silly suggestion but it would be nice if the mouse pointer disappeared after a few seconds of inactivity. I can't count the number of times, just today, I've had to move the mouse pointer out of the way because it was blocking the code exactly where I was typing.

Any mouse movement would then again bring the mouse pointer back into view.

I know this sounds like a simple request but I've taken a peek from time to time at the QB64 source code. Those who maintain that code are saints in my view. If it's something fairly easy to add could a future revision include this? I understand if this would be placed low on the priority list or not even considered however.

Terry

I wouldn't mind this as an option - as long as you can disable it or change the time before it disappears, that's fine with me!
Ah yes, options are the spice of life. Actually, I think that would be basil. You know if Columbus only needed options, instead of spices, he could have stayed home; in which case, I'd be posting this in Italian. What were we discussing again? Oh well, who cares, it's time for my pudding!

Pete
(10-12-2022, 04:51 PM)Pete Wrote: Ah yes, options are the spice of life. Actually, I think that would be basil. You know if Columbus only needed options, instead of spices, he could have stayed home; in which case, I'd be posting this in Italian. What were we discussing again? Oh well, who cares, it's time for my pudding!

Pete

^^^
I'll have whatever he's drinking!!! :-D
It's home brewed! Still...

Pete
(10-12-2022, 08:44 PM)Pete Wrote: It's home brewed! Still...

Pete

Hey, it it time of pomegranate and I have a recipe to do a pomegranate liquor... I pass you the link https://ricette.giallozafferano.it/Liquo...grana.html