Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's gotta be done
Hello QB64 world...I'm not on Discord and have no idea what just happened to dot ORG...I was in the process of Posting a "say it ain't so" to Luke when the site went down. Sounds like we (or perhaps I should say the very confused I) have lost a lot of good mentors and friends.
But on the bright side, you're a 2-star Junior member, so ya got that workin' for ya.
Ah Pete. I remember your site years ago, and Mac. Back then I had no clue about Basic but did have a Commodore 64 and two little kids that were always dragging me to the damn thing to help them enter the code direct from your site. I had no idea what I was typing but the kids enjoyed a lot of what you guys had to offer. Now I am ancient and decided to code as a hobby.

I'm sure there were difference of opinions on those sites you and Mac ran but they didn't tear up and pull down the site. I know Walter was very, very upset. Like me, he could be very long winded but had some good stuff to offer but I think he never did pull down his site ( I can't remember the name of his site so I'm not sure if it's abandoned but still up). 

Anyway, the loss of dot ORG feels like the first real loss of online friends I have experienced and I'm so sorry it's gone so abruptly. 

And Thank you for the 2 stars
(And I'm not even certain how the heck you gain stars at the moment. Must be an automatic post count thing??)
Thanks to all involved for getting this forum up and a community together so quickly.  Very good stuff.
I have a prime opportunity to have more posts than Pete temporarily. last time i got that opportunity was 2017. lol
welcome to the forum RhoSigma Smile