Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Delenda Est!
Thanks for apologizing
(11-01-2022, 04:49 AM)triggered Wrote: Thanks for apologizing

Welcome Heart
(10-31-2022, 05:52 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: We're open source, and more than happy to welcome anyone to come join us in developing The Phoenix Edition -- even "those other guys"...  LOL!  The main issue appears to be one of philosophy -- we here tend to follow the old way of doing things, while Cory and his crew want to embrace "modern concepts".  Our focus is forums, discord, and community -- they focus on a code of conduct.  We focus on restoring the wiki -- they focus on copying it and converting it to github *.md files.  We believe that the old rules, methods, and development model was good enough to keep the project alive and viable for the last dozen years or so -- they believe things need an overhaul to "modern github standards"....

And that, more or less, is why we do as we do and they do as they do.  We're Old Skool(tm) while they're the New Bloods(tm), and our core philosophies just don't mesh well together.  Smile

nice thread, guys, but Steve wins here for the sharpest most diplomatically minded response.  The writer knows his audience
(11-01-2022, 03:20 AM)triggered Wrote: If you all wanna keep calling attention to this then please address why Steve banned me for spam where all I did was call out his multiple copyright and ethics infringements? He fixed most of them by the way. That was spam?

Triggered has been banned.  If one is going to form a secret secondary account to try and sneak around the restrictions on their main account, then common sense says, "KEEP IT SECRET!!".  Just because a wanted felon changes his alias, that does nothing to affect the warrants and judgements against them already.

"Yer honor, I know Billy Sprezzman was convicted of being a danger to children and ordered to stay away from all schools, parks, daycares, and such -- but my name is Sprezy Billman!  Nuk!  Nuk!  Nuk!"
(11-01-2022, 07:00 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: then common sense says, "KEEP IT SECRET!!"

words to live by, Neve McSteve
Aliases, many suspects... how many people can possibly find QB64pe without intense passionate interest?
Maybe we all should keep it secret, people with multiple personalities sure makes solitary confinement interesting.

Oh @vince you have a website, is that an alias?
Wow those screenshots go active with mouse over. Can we get a Winter banner like that?
b = b + ...
(10-31-2022, 07:20 PM)Pete Wrote: Hey Spriggsy,

Who's Samuel? These here forums ain't dern near big enough fur 2 Sams!

Edit: Ooh, I gotta makes me a guess. Iz it:  a740g?

- Sam

Yep. That's me.  Big Grin
Ah nice to meet the developers, thanks!
b = b + ...
Like Mark, I also appreciate knowing folk's real first names. I won't even join sites where the name "Pete" is taken. I used to refer to Pete's QBasic Forum as "That other Pete" although Pete Berg, great guy who was around a wee bit before me, did become a member of my/the QBasic Forum.

Oh, my avatar? Well don't worry. I've been happily married for some 45 years. I suppose if I were single, and going on dating apps, I'd... ah, but then again, I hear the ladies like the guys with the big six shooters!

Pete
(11-01-2022, 01:19 PM)bplus Wrote: Oh @vince you have a website, is that an alias?
Wow those screenshots go active with mouse over. Can we get a Winter banner like that?

it's my account on another site that's a browser language like QBJS where I sometimes do JB mods.  As for the banner, idk, Steve has been pretty strict lately