Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odysee channel for QB64pe
I've created an Odysee channel for the QB64pe project! Odysee is a blockchain site for sharing videos, livestreams, and articles. The first article I've posted there is the announcement of version 3.4.0! To see the article, follow this link: https://odysee.com/v3.4.0

I hope to also share some videos there later for showcasing new features as they come out. Maybe this could be something like Fellippe was trying to get going a while back. I don't know. I'm not as charismatic as he is. Big Grin

If you all have ideas for videos and things, please let me know. I can't guarantee I'll be quick to get stuff out, though.
Tread on those who tread on you

But it's not YouTube... GOOD!!!

Pete
Video 
I've uploaded the first video to our Odysee channel! In the video, I'm showing off the latest commands added in v3.4.0!
You can see the video here: https://odysee.com/v3.4.0_Showcase

Nice job, @Spriggsy! 

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
Excellent!

Seeing new features in action for new releases is exactly what the community needs. I sometimes miss new commands within updates. Having videos like this will be very handy. Pop some corn, sit back, learn. Perfect! Thank you for doing this. I look forward to more of your videos.
@TerryRitchie
I'm actually really glad you're now aware of the video channel because I plan on also making videos showing off cool games and stuff. I know you're a big game guy around here and so I was hoping to show off one of your passion projects.

(11-02-2022, 01:11 PM)Spriggsy Wrote: @TerryRitchie
I'm actually really glad you're now aware of the video channel because I plan on also making videos showing off cool games and stuff. I know you're a big game guy around here and so I was hoping to show off one of your passion projects.

Take your pick, I've made lots of them: https://www.qb64tutorial.com/games
(and the newly minted Space Invaders clone found in the programs section, not yet added to the tutorial site.)
(11-01-2022, 06:25 PM)Spriggsy Wrote: Odysee is a blockchain site for sharing videos, livestreams, and articles.

I'm curious, how do they use blockchain? 

I tried clicking the eye on the page, but nothing happens. 
Maybe it won't work with iOS Safari. 
Will try again when I'm at the PC.
Clicking on the "eye" failed the first tie I tried it. I registered an account, and then it worked. You can register an account without verification, other than verifying your email address, and you can also say no to some other hoops, as well.

Pete
I've noticed the eye thing, too. I've found that after clicking it if you refresh it then it opens without needing to log in or authenticate. I'm betting they have some JavaScript that isn't executing properly.