Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SCREEN 0 MOD Player with Spectrum Analyzer
Enjoy this tiny little SCREEN 0 MOD Player that I've written entirely in QB64.

Thank you to @vince for your awesome FFT routines. You can find the good stuff here https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...05#pid2005

a740g/QB64-MOD-Player: A ProTracker (and compatible) MOD player & library written in QB64-PE (github.com)

https://github.com/a740g/QB64-MOD-Player...s/main.zip

Update:
[Image: qb64mp-playing.png]
I tried it, it's a very nice music player based on _SNDRAW. It sounds particularly spectacular with PE's new audio library enhancements
Thumbs Up 
This is an awesome achievement! Thank you for this.

I had been checking it out a few months before this thread. Now I'm not sure while the "dot-rip" forum was still active.
I have no idea what it does, but it's SCREEN 0, so it gets 2 thumbs up from me!

Pete
(11-05-2022, 09:39 PM)a740g Wrote: Enjoy this tiny little SCREEN 0 MOD Player that I've written entirely in QB64.

So great! Does it take command line options to play? (I have not yet looked at the source, so if it's obvious I apologize). 

All possible with QB64. Amazing. 

Cool Heart Exclamation
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
(11-08-2022, 07:41 PM)grymmjack Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 09:39 PM)a740g Wrote: Enjoy this tiny little SCREEN 0 MOD Player that I've written entirely in QB64.

So great! Does it take command line options to play? (I have not yet looked at the source, so if it's obvious I apologize). 

All possible with QB64. Amazing. 

Cool Heart Exclamation

Yeah. It does. It also supports drag and drop and the new PE open file dialogs. There is also a SCREEN 0 starfield effect. Big Grin

(11-08-2022, 05:09 PM)Pete Wrote: I have no idea what it does, but it's SCREEN 0, so it gets 2 thumbs up from me!

Pete

Big Grin
(11-08-2022, 04:59 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: This is an awesome achievement! Thank you for this.

I had been checking it out a few months before this thread. Now I'm not sure while the "dot-rip" forum was still active.

Thanks.

Nah. This is quite new. I had a working player somewhere around May 2022.

I still have one effect pending The EFx one you see here Manual: Effect Reference - OpenMPT Wiki

I have not seen that being used in too many songs. But I want a feature-complete re-player. Hopefully, I'll figure it out soon.
Ok. This MOD re-player is feature-complete now. I implemented the controversial "invert loop" (EFx) effect.

My stupid brain is tempting me to add S3M support which I am desperately trying to ignore. It's actually quite easy now because most of the base framework is in place. I'll just need to write the loader and handle some S3M specific effects. Maybe one day when I have loads of time...

The main module re-player code is in the "include" directory. The base directory has the player UI code.
Here is a playback demo of the famous module "Stardust Memories" if you are feeling lazy to compile.  Wink

Stardust Memories Demo
Professional job!  Sounds great!  Thanks for sharing this.

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
(11-27-2022, 12:34 PM)a740g Wrote: My stupid brain is tempting me to add S3M support which I am desperately trying to ignore. It's actually quite easy now because most of the base framework is in place. I'll just need to write the loader and handle some S3M specific effects. Maybe one day when I have loads of time...
"The people" might ask for the OPL simulation. Might not be difficult, just lame FM synthesis, right, but have to replicate that General MIDI soundset the best possible, not necessarily like Soundblaster Pro. I say this because OpenMPT didn't have OPL support in a long while, at least five years it had been "Open". Now I have revealed what is my favorite Windows app to run on Linux with Wine. Heart

But it could depend on how many S3M files actually make use of the OPL capability. I experienced on Schism Tracker so far it's not very adjustable especially having to use only velocities on the pattern, and rejects "global" volume as IT-only attribute and instead takes up "default" volume. It sounds kewl though, livened up some of my tracks otherwise littered with single-cycle waveforms and low-bandwidth drum hits LOL.

Warning: do not play back "black_queen.mod" in this program if you have a mentally-ill condition!