Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your best and worst coding traits?
Well let's say maybe list 3 to 5, or a few, whatever. No order needed, unless ranking is one of your positive traits!

For me, it would be tenacity, interest in the projects I'm involved with, drive, mechanics, and somewhat creativity. What I consider to be  negative traits would be typing speed, about half that of a pro, being impatient with documentation, organizing works in folders, variable naming, and consistency (I like to do projects differently.) One that I used to love but have been missing over the years, the ability to keep a program straight in my head, as well as on the screen. That was cool.

Pete
When I'm on a roll I lose track of time .... not good for the marriage
When I'm stumped I take long walks and long showers ... not good for the marriage
When I'm not coding I'm checking on the latest comments from Pete ... not good for the marriage.
(11-09-2022, 06:29 PM)Pete Wrote: Well let's say maybe list 3 to 5, or a few, whatever. No order needed, unless ranking is one of your positive traits!

For me, it would be tenacity, interest in the projects I'm involved with, drive, mechanics, and somewhat creativity. What I consider to be  negative traits would be typing speed, about half that of a pro, being impatient with documentation, organizing works in folders, variable naming, and consistency (I like to do projects differently.) One that I used to love but have been missing over the years, the ability to keep a program straight in my head, as well as on the screen. That was cool.

Pete

Definitely my lanky and hairy legs.  Hands down.  Or hands up?  I dunno...
Quote:When I'm on a roll I lose track of time .... not good for the marriage
When I'm stumped I take long walks and long showers ... not good for the marriage
When I'm not coding I'm checking on the latest comments from Pete ... not good for the marriage.

ROFL + 1 Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Code: (Select All)
DIM Pete AS Advice

TYPE Advice
    Dimster AS SINGLE
END MARRIAGE

Pete
(11-09-2022, 08:23 PM)CharlieJV Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 06:29 PM)Pete Wrote: Well let's say maybe list 3 to 5, or a few, whatever. No order needed, unless ranking is one of your positive traits!

Pete

Definitely my lanky and hairy legs.  Hands down.  Or hands up?  I dunno...

Could be worse. Could have Yosemite Sam legs, wherever the hell they are?

Pete
(11-09-2022, 08:30 PM)Pete Wrote: Could be worse. Could have Yosemite Sam legs, wherever the hell they are?

Pete

Yeah, gotta believe them are angry and crusty jewels daggin' down life's highways.

But just like one's greatest strengths are likely greatest weaknesses, one's greatest weaknesses are likely one's greatest strengths?

Wait a minute, how in blazes are you hanging off that tree limb to help that old lady's cat outta the tree???
Too easy !!!
(11-09-2022, 09:05 PM)Pete Wrote: ...

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lIvPtFd.../giphy.gif
Oh great. Give Mark 5-minutes and he'll code that entire gif.

Pete
My best trait is to lay down the algorithm before I start coding. This gives me a clearer view of where I'm heading.
My worst is re-laying the algorithm google times, so I take ages to even get started with coding.
My second- worst is forgetting what...
Anyway, it's bad!
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/