Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Second Game
I remembered playing Apple Panic many years ago. It was based on the arcade Space Panic game. I think it was the very first platformer game to be made. I again "borrowed" a lot of sprites and ideas from the tutorial and created the first level of Mario Apple Panic. It plays a lot like the original game , dig a hole and the apples fall in. The space bar digs. Esc key quits. If you get hit about 3 times , game over. If you clear all 4 apples, you win and game over. It could use some more levels if I get time later , or someone here got really interested. I will include the game and all its parts in a zip, and a screen shot of the game. Again . play it , improve it. It is all open.

Attached Files Image(s)

.zip   Apple.zip (Size: 2.21 MB / Downloads: 32)
Ah screen shot looks good! You will be a great salesman for Terry Ritchies tutorials! Smile
b = b + ...
(11-10-2022, 05:47 PM)bplus Wrote: Ah screen shot looks good! You will be a great salesman for Terry Ritchies tutorials! Smile

Yep yep!
(11-10-2022, 05:29 PM)Gadgetjack Wrote: I remembered playing Apple Panic many years ago. It was based on the arcade Space Panic game. I think it was the very first platformer game to be made. I again "borrowed" a lot of sprites and ideas from the tutorial and created the first level of Mario Apple Panic. It plays a lot like the original game , dig a hole and the apples fall in. The space bar digs. Esc key quits. If you get hit about 3 times , game over. If you clear all 4 apples, you win and game over. It could use some more levels if I get time later , or someone here got really interested. I will include the game and all its parts in a zip, and a screen shot of the game. Again . play it , improve it. It is all open.

Very nice! 
Now if you can make a level editor that would really be cool. 
Then add some gold chests and monkey bars and we'll have Lode Runner! 
Anyway, keep up the good work!