Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SENDKEYS Win32 API Constants
Yeah. You can fudge a lot of that stuff and make it work. This is actually the reason that one guy stormed off and decided he didn't want to use QB64. He didn't like that nothing was strictly typed for external libraries.
Tread on those who tread on you

My fault. I wasn’t very careful when doing my earlier api vb to qb64 code translations.  If it worked then I figured it was ok. Most of older api stuff has this same old oversight.  My newer stuff has newer oversights.

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
Okay, okay, okay. Cancel the Royal Axeman!

Pete
It's really not a big deal at all. If it works then that's what really matters. Something being signed vs unsigned is a pretty small thing. I think the only time it really makes a difference is when it comes to the sizes not matching; like passing a long into a byte. Personally, I'd love to someday have the Win32 data types as underscore variable types in QB64. Like _WORD, _DWORD, _QWORD, etc.
Tread on those who tread on you

I probably also love BASIC because it is a looser language compared to most. It's looser around these parts, too. We tried upping a code of conduct for our kingdom once, but it came back with a "Subjects out of range" error.

Pete
Smile 
I wish I were a Linux expert in and out, with plenty of free time to code in BASIC, so you guys would be lost about what is talked about. Meh Win32 API, _QWORD and stuff like that I never wanted to deal with. Wine is the savior for now but it's not a solution to everything.

However I LOL everytime somebody with latest ApCo technology cries for a free product which has 32-bit Windows technology!

Then again, I wouldn't take up my own offer if learning Python extensively is required for me to be a Linux expert.

I'm not a beginner but still trying to reach intermediate status, but when could I get there? Not by forgetting to log into Windows, that's for sure. This message was brought to you by the gatekeeper of the castle who has to worry about falling into the moat. Carry on palace subjects.