Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition 3.4.1 Released
Release v3.4.1 · QB64-Phoenix-Edition/QB64pe (github.com)  <-- Link to the download the new release, as folks somehow overlook all the other links we've pasted around the site.  Big Grin

Quote:
  • #236#237#238#239#245 - Several improvements made to the dialog functionality introduced in 3.4.0 - @mkilgore

• Single and double quotes can now be used in any string provided to a dialog.
    • On Windows, the popup from _NotifyPopup will now be associated with the program using the command.
    • On Windows, _InputBox$ no longer spawns a separate process to display the dialog.
    • Previously some strings passed to the dialog functions were not properly escaped before being passed to the underlying dialog provider, those issues have been fixed.
  • #241 - Fixed bug in PAINT when a border color is not provided - @TheJoyfulProgrammer@mkilgore

• The broken syntax was 

Code: (Select All)
      PAINT (x, y), tileString$
      , where the optional border color was left off.
    • That would fill as though you provided zero as the border color, now it correctly fills any pixels matching the initial color at 

(x, y)
  • #247 - The 'Open' dialog in the IDE now makes use of the system provided Open dialog - @SteveMcNeill@mkilgore

• This can be toggled off if necessary via the 'GUI Dialogs' option in the 

Options
       menu.
    • The old dialogs may be removed in a future version.
  • #243 - The MinGW version on Windows was updated, it now provides gcc 12.2.0 - @a740g

New File Open Dialog!   YAY!!
Newest MinGW Compiler!  YAY!!
Bug Fixes!  YAY!!
Paint Expansion!  YAY!!
GUI Enhancements and Expansion!!  YAY!!

And it's all FREE!!  YAAAAAAAYYYY!!

What's not to love?  Hurry out and go grab your very own copy now, while unlimited supplies remain in time for the Holidays!  Release v3.4.1 · QB64-Phoenix-Edition/QB64pe (github.com) 

YAY!!  Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
Wow that old Paint bug finally fixed, I had forgotten all about it.

Great work guys!
b = b + ...
Thumbs Up 
Everything works as usual. Good work!

There is only one trifle that has existed since version 3.X; at least for me. When one call up the IDE, a narrow gap remains at the bottom, but it disappears when one click on the small square at the top right. A trifle, but I wanted to mention it.

[Image: Luecke-Beim-Start-QB-32.jpg]
Congratulations to the design team your work is most appreciated.

The new integrated dialogs  are a welcome addition.
In particular the new input dialog (_InputBox$) is a long overdue feature.
A considerable design effort by @mkilgore has turned this into an excellent input box for QB64phoenix.
Useless warnings (in purple my fave color!) but it would be nice to inform the original author of the "tinyfiledialogs". Just compiled QB64PE v3.4.1 on Spiral Linux (Debian clone).

cc -O2  -DDEPENDENCY_CONSOLE_ONLY -Wall internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.c -c -o internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.o
internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.c: In function ‘tinyfd_messageBox’:
internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.c:3963:16: warning: unused variable ‘lpDialogString’ [-Wunused-variable]
3963 |         char * lpDialogString;
      |                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.c: In function ‘tinyfd_notifyPopup’:
internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.c:4737:12: warning: unused variable ‘lpDialogString’ [-Wunused-variable]
4737 |     char * lpDialogString ;
      |            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.c: In function ‘tinyfd_inputBox’:
internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.c:4885:16: warning: unused variable ‘lpDialogString’ [-Wunused-variable]
4885 |         char * lpDialogString;
      |                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At top level:
internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.c:3253:12: warning: ‘tryCommand’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
3253 | static int tryCommand( char const * aCommand )
      |            ^~~~~~~~~~
internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.c:3144:13: warning: ‘gPythonName’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
3144 | static char gPythonName[16];
      |             ^~~~~~~~~~~
internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.c:3143:13: warning: ‘gPython3Name’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
3143 | static char gPython3Name[16];
      |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~
internal/c/parts/gui/tinyfiledialogs.c:3142:13: warning: ‘gPython2Name’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
3142 | static char gPython2Name[16];
      |             ^~~~~~~~~~~~
Windows open file dialog, best change.  Inputbox not spawned (does not need task manager).  Easier to close program on crash, another plus!!

Phoenix edition has re-spawned, with high energy.
@"mnrvovrfc"
I see you've got a variation of your X-23 profile pic back. Nice!
Tread on those who tread on you

Looks like the Open Dialog always starts where you last opened a file.

Is there a way to start in a set Folder? My Shortcut Properties Startup Folder no longer works.
b = b + ...
(11-17-2022, 05:09 PM)bplus Wrote: Looks like the Open Dialog always starts where you last opened a file.

Is there a way to start in a set Folder? My Shortcut Properties Startup Folder no longer works.

@bplus
That's the way that the open file dialog works in Windows. Nothing you can do to change that. Your shortcut is still working in the sense that the working directory is set but the open dialog doesn't respect any of that. That's just how it all works.
Tread on those who tread on you

Thanks Spriggsy, I'll cross it off my list of things to do with a new version update.

Is there a way to automate resetting Windows registry to open .bas files with newest QB64pe.exe?
That's the one most tricky and Windows is making it harder with each new version of itself.
b = b + ...