Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirwalker - Simplistic and Ergonomic Directory Browser
Hi @bplus

> Yes, just ./ added to 3 files including ico fixed things for my system, if I recall correctly.

I appreciate all feedback, I am using QB64 v2.02, didn't know that had to be more strict with paths.

> Those Mice look like robots or jet-skis! Cool

Oh believe me, they are fullmetal jacket, heavy metal all the way, the coating is anti-slippery and feels as it should. Before that, I had the stupidity to buy one 110$ MadCATz 6 or whatever, was disappointed bigtime, it was so small and light (despite the ability to enlarge it and the weights added to the package) - immediately gave it away. It is for bighanded guys.

> Is that image a computer enhanced photo or 100% generated? beautiful + cute

Love it, it is princess Aeolian, created by WLOP, https://www.artstation.com/wlop
Since Princess Sheherezada/Scheherazade has the personality of a She-Schmeker, it was an obvious collage of the two superwords, resulting in the Princess of Sorting. Etymology is twofold, but mostly from Yiddish שמעקער‎ (shmeker) (sly, crafty, cool, awesome) and German Schmecker (“taster/appreciator of fine things”).

@mnrvovrfc
To me, as long as I remember, always tools had to have logo/emblem/mascot associated with it, thus my sort tool resembles the Noble Gal, (she was a Vizier's daughter of the second man after the Sultan, hee-hee Sultan being Scandum in a way), the Crafty Manipulator.

As for going off-topic, when a thread is dedicated to an original browser, all kind of satelite tools are NOT OFF-TOPIC, as sorters, searchers, convertors. When was the last time someone gave you freely the sourcecode of anything remotely called FASTEST?!

> Should a coding magician reveal all his secrets?

Amateur coder for life, [still] no magic, just passionately looking back, where most people passed by. In a single word - DREAMWARDS, there is a song on YouTube with that name, salute, everyone who feels what I am talking about, with it.
In few hours will share the work of one real magician in C coding, he dethroned me (was unaware of that until last night) in wildcard searching back in 2014...

Not having the GLOBBING counterpart of INSTR() is not serious, no serious tool can be presented without superfast wildcard matching - it is to be used not only in filtering fast millions of filepaths but used as a search function for finding lines in files.
"He learns not to learn and reverts to what the masses pass by."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dirwalker - Simplistic and Ergonomic Directory Browser - by Sanmayce - 11-28-2022, 11:22 PM