Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirwalker - Simplistic and Ergonomic Directory Browser
Here comes the most stable revision, the only one I recommend:

.zip   Dirwalker_r7+++.zip (Size: 6.26 MB / Downloads: 35)

A buggy usage (when filtering with /) of Wildcard function was fixed, simply forgot to update the old one.
Now, returning to the DIR mode is possible with 'Backspace', also, few small tunings were made.

> Double-Left Click should open that directory or load a file.

Ugh, it is occupied, Double-Left Click is equivalent to PgUp.
These functions are available via Third Mouse Button, Enter, [E] from the ScrollRibbon, 'Enter - enters the DIRECTORY' button at the FATTY panel.

> <delete> could delete a file or recursively delete a directory w/ dialog box to prompt to do so.

Will keep it in my TODO list, however first I wanna cover the READ-ONLY functionality, modifying/deleting is not the focus of Dirwalker.

> This reminds me of a hexeditor!? Maybe you could allow the bytes to be edited and then the modified file to be written...

Sure, sometimes modifying some huge file (bypassing the File Editors) is needed, will implement it after finishing browsing the LINE-BY-LINE mode, the physical lines, not logical as at the moment.

Wanna make a Smooth_Scroll_Mode in which the lines to be scrolled with one pixel granularity (not one character), as a first step, I introduced a flag for TEXT/GRAPHIC toggling:
Code: (Select All)
'Note2: Try setting 'GraphicOrTextFlag' (see below) to 1 to go fully graphical.

Many many things are needed, hope in the future to implement them one by one.
"He learns not to learn and reverts to what the masses pass by."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dirwalker - Simplistic and Ergonomic Directory Browser - by Sanmayce - 01-19-2023, 12:42 AM