Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirwalker - Simplistic and Ergonomic Directory Browser
Guys, having well-documented product, not just software, is always a big plus, not against writing explanations/examples/usecases, on contrary, I love giving walkthroughs and such, just the current focus is on writing the backbone (aiming at skeleton in near future) of one useful simplistic browser, I see several areas where different functions are not synchronized seamlessly - like flags setting when one to give way to another or not.
This is a work in progress, in my view, the sourcecode is very useful for all QB64 coders, allowing them to peak in the kitchen and add their own tweaks.

Anyway, glad to share revision 8, it allows making BLAKE3-256 (default, or SHA3-256, SHA1-160) hashsums for all files in a given TREE (folder and its sub-folders), also by pressing ‘Ctrl+S’ the current list is saved in current path as “Dirwalker_”+Time$+Date$+”.txt”, this is very useful when you want to check integrity of your SSD, just make a “snapshot” of current health status in folders you want to monitor, or just in the root. It looks like:

Speedwise, hashrate is not bad at all, around 390MB/s on i5-7200U and i7-3630QM, a bit faster than SHA1-160, and 3x faster than SHA3-256. You can switch the three via:
Code: (Select All)
Const WhichHash = 2 '0=SHA1-160; 1=SHA3-256; 2=BLAKE3-256

Here is the ELF/EXE and full sourcecode:

.7z   Dirwalker_r8.7z (Size: 4.09 MB / Downloads: 43)

Enfun!
"He learns not to learn and reverts to what the masses pass by."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dirwalker - Simplistic and Ergonomic Directory Browser - by Sanmayce - 01-30-2023, 10:02 PM