Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print source code from the IDE
Another way to do this Kernelpanic is with a Screen Snip app. I'm using Windows and find it on my task bar. You just highlight what you want to print, snip it and just print. The problem is it also prints all the color so the IDE background needs to be white. I find this quick but can only highlight a page worth of the IDE screen at a time. App I'm using is call Snip & Sketch
Isn't the easiest solution to just save the program to drive, open your preferred word processor, and then print it from there?
If I want to print only a few lines of the code, I just do a copy-paste from IDE to Word. If I want to include an entire program in a document, just copy the .bas file to whatever folder you are working in, even maybe a temp folder, and then change the filename extension from .bas to .txt. Print using Notepad, WordPad, Word, whatever.

If the .bas file includes characters from the extended IBM character set, Word will ask you how to import that .txt file. They will show up correctly. Actually, I've been doing this since back in MS QuickBasic days.
Quote:. . .I just do a copy-paste from IDE to Word.

I wrote a small program to calculate the percentage price increase in electricity. I copied the output and pasted it into Word. - I'm missing the color in the source code. The color didn't work that well in Notepad++ either, so I wrote the whole thing again in C and printed it out in color.  Wink
I'm glad you mentioned color. When I print, it's all black and white. I didn't consider making a color printing of the IDE.

+1

Pete
No more color, no more ink, no more dried up clogged print heads. Toner sure solved allot of problems!
b = b + ...
(12-12-2022, 03:46 AM)bplus Wrote: No more color, no more ink, no more dried up clogged print heads. Toner sure solved allot of problems!
LOL. That first sentence could almost be sung if it rhymed, to the tune of, "No more pencils, no more books ..."

I was cheered up the day I discovered one cadence in the U.S.Army was, "No more M-16's, only beautyqueens ..."
No more color, no more ink, no more dried-up, clogged-up, printhead stink! 
Toner's good, and toner's great!  It sure solved lots of problems, mate!

...and you can write the rest of the ditty.  Tongue
I print greyscale, saves some bucks
Too bad "Steve-boy's" jingle sucks
Printed information can still be useful today.
Until about 2014 I had Linux (SuSE) from 1996 on as a second system on my computers. When SuSE 11.3 had problems with the monitor again, I had had enough and finally deleted it from my system. A process that I had already done umpteen times, since I reinstalled every SuSE version.
After the procedure known to me, there was the usual restart, and . . . I thought I didn not see it right: No system found. Shock at noon!  Cry

I had Win Vista Ultimate installed at the time and my private data was all encrypted. And of course I had not backed up the key.
It was a Sunday and it took me from 12pm to 1am to restore my system. The tips and advice I had printed out earlier helped me in this case. Without these documents I would never have gotten back into my system and much of my private data would have been lost as I had made the last backup about ten/twelve days before.

Progress or not, nothing beats the good old methods.  Exclamation

My first Linux  Heart <-  Dodgy

[Image: SUSE4-3.jpg]