Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Clock
You know I had to make this eventually. Big Grin 
The picture below doesn't give it justice though because I added a glowing circle that moves in a spiral around the clock. You can see one frame of it in the picture. It also chimes the hour every hour and you can hear it anytime if you press the space bar. Thanks to Dav for that chime code awhile back.
In the zip file there's the .bas file and the .png picture file as the background for the clock. I resized it to fit the 800 x 600. 
Feel free of course to change the code to how you like it and also use the clock code for your own clocks.

Attached Files Image(s)

.zip   Clock QB64Phoenix.zip (Size: 676.16 KB / Downloads: 64)
Some of the code is a bit (read "a long way") above me, but I encountered an error in line 14 (invalid handle. May be something simple?
encountered an error in line 14 (invalid handle. May be something simple?

just make sure in the source code that you change the code to

i& = _LoadImage("C:\Users\wadmi\Desktop\mame zips\Clock QB64Phoenix\Phoenix64clock.png", 32)  

to where the image file is located

*** Note ***
this is where the file is located on my computer ,try changing it to suit yours.

"C:\Users\wadmi\Desktop\mame zips\Clock QB64Phoenix\Phoenix64clock.png"

and then run the script

it works fine
You can also just put both the .bas and the .png picture file in the same directory and they should work as my code there reads. I made a separate directory for it myself inside my folder of QB64 programs. Also make sure "Output .EXE To Source Folder" has a dot next to it (check marked), it's under "Run".