Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry Xmas! Santa Steve comes bringing gifts to all!!
Reporting about the archive.

OK it took me a while to sort this thing out with over 75 thousand files and many zero-length files. Tried to copy uncompressed all of it into a disk not formatted as "exFAT". No go.

Many avatars are missing (including mine). The large majority of attachments are also missing. However there are an awful lot of HTML files of near-same lengths which might be worthless.

Also please note that the "last post" feature doesn't work! Must click on the topic title to visit that topic while navigating the forum snapshot offline. LOL clever from Santa Steve that the two special forums weren't included.
Off-site attachments (such as dropbox links) weren't downloaded, but the local stuff that we host on server should be.  Some of those HTML files of same names (-2, -3, and whatnot) are *exact* same pages in duplication.  One link might be for http://whatever.com, another for https://whatever.com and a third for www.whatever.com -- all the same place, all the same page, but duplicates for the archive as each has a different link to access them!

Our last 2 forums weren't downloaded as they're private and password protected.  The web crawler didn't have an account with us, they weren't signed in, so they only did mirroring of the publicly available forums.  Wink
Merry Christmas! This is a generous gift, and I am grateful. I've tried to create my own mirrors using HTTrack and I know how cumbersome, and trial-and-error it gets setting this up right, so appreciate greatly the time you saved all of us and for the time capsule Smile

Really cool.
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
After hours downloading on slow internet, I have the 1,387,143,598 byte QB64-PE Archives 2022.7z.

On using 7-zip to unzip, get the error

Cannot open the file as [7z] archive
Unexpected end of data

I want a refund for this Xmas present  Smile
Bad download, @Richard?  Need me to mail you a DVD or series of CDs with it all on it?