Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kinda new here, again...
(12-29-2022, 12:42 AM)OldMoses Wrote: Welcome!

I agree with Terry too. Any time I've ever tried to wrap my head around another language, I've generally found that the same concepts are in play and only the dialect of syntax varies. That some languages include a slew of libraries is all very convenient, as long as you are familiar with them, but then you're just stringing together someone else's code IMO. You hope they did it right.

That will certainly get you to a goal, unless the goal is to become the guy that wrote the library. I'm no professional programmer and QB64 is the toolbox that has more than I can use, and in a language that I'm already familiar with.

It's very similar to my fascination with the bootstrapping of the industrial revolution by a bunch of guys with some ideas, hand tools and patience. There's nothing quite like coming upon a coding problem; and with a "basic" toolset, creating something that works from scratch.

Thanks for the welcome.  Your thumbnail looks like Bud Spencer.
(12-29-2022, 06:32 AM)fistfullofnails Wrote: Thanks for the welcome.  Your thumbnail looks like Bud Spencer.

It does kinda. It's actually actor/pro-boxer Randall "Tex" Cobb in his comic role as Leonard Smalls, the lone biker of the apocalypse, from the movie Raising Arizona. I like the way he's peering in to see what's goin' on.
DO: LOOP: DO: LOOP
sha_na_na_na_na_na_na_na_na_na: