Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... I *think* I found the cheese at the end of the maze?
Good Lord.

I work away from home, and when I am away, I dont have internet

I am apt to be away for a long time.
I came home this time? Found... everything nuked.

freaked out by some tech journal article, how QB64 "blew up"...
I wasnt here, I only know what I *read*

Honestly, the story I found?
someone called someone a "nazi"
some kind of flame war ensued, I guess...

next thing, the wiki, the site, the forum, everything goes down

Question... am I in the right place? (I think I am)
Question #2... are there, like multiple forks of this QB64 language project now?

PS - I would have been "colonel panic" on the old site
Geez people... we are all *programnmers*, right?

this... is TWITTER level stuff to deal with.

time for a joke...

"You're a nazi !!"
"No, you're the nazi !!!!"

someone else chimes in...

"Now, now, boys... settle down... you can *both* be nazi's, okay ?"
Welcome to the forums.
Welcome back, glad you found us. I myself, was a mite confused for a couple weeks when the SHTF.
DO: LOOP: DO: LOOP
sha_na_na_na_na_na_na_na_na_na:
Welcome!

Quote:Question... am I in the right place? (I think I am)

I think so, see the next answer....

Quote:Question #2... are there, like multiple forks of this QB64 language project now?

There are other forks, including a group which consider themselve to be the "Official" QB64.
There does seem to have been some projection going on between groups; people with bad attitudes accusing others of having bad attitudes, but there is plenty of room in the world for everybody.
Without a mutually agreed upon outside authority, the word "Official" is what you choose to make of it.  THIS version of QB64 was the first to hit the ground running after the Event, and seems to me to be the most advanced and quickest in development, IMO.
sweet jesus.

how to judge this?

Well.... I always viewed S Mcneil's programs, examples, abd posts... kind of thought of him as some sort of "demi god programmer" back at the old site.
mcneill is *here*, thats a vote in favor of.

uhm... do "we" have inform? I didnt see it when i got the "new" download version... or, do we have to write that from scratch...

anyone have any objective criteria on the "other versions"? I lack the ability to judge this hell, I was lucky to find my way here.
where's felipe heitor? Is *he* here?

I saw "the bob" along with McNeill... thats another demi-god here, another vote in favor of here.
okay... big question

I was reading in some tech journal, like I said....

there was "some guy" that was granted ownership/control...
and *that* was the guy that (supposedly) pulled the plug on everything and anything, shut it all down.

Is he *not* here? Because...  I wanna be on the fork that stays up and running.

I mean, someone needs their @$$ removed with a cheese grater, I am just sure of it...LMAO
Is that what we are calling it? "the event"... well, we need some kind of euphemism, I suppose.
I guess I have to play it by ear... as in... if this site is *here*, up and running a year from now? I'll be happier...

PS - I am a former programmer, and it permeates my entire being down to the core. I do not like *change*... the whole IDEA of liking computers? Is that you get rock solid rules and foundations. I still cant believe, that a flame war led to the near destruction of my favorite programming language.
You're where you want to be @MrCreemy Smile

Read this post - I think it does a fairly good job explaining who we are and how we came about being who we are:  https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=259

You're back where you belong.  Welcome home. Big Grin
For what it's worth, I was on QB64 (as a Minor, which I still am), before The Event. I was very disappointed at what happened, but eventually found this site, as well as several others. I've sampled several, and I'm convinced PE is the best, and is here to stay! 
Long live the Phoenix!  Big Grin
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
yeah, this looks like it...

as an "in joke"... can I have some kind of "nazi" for an avatar??

that would be humorous, and I feel its important in life, to make fun of obstacles.