Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two-dimensional array
I do a lot of simple REST/json calls in my QB64 programs. As long as it's basic auth that's fine. I do struggle however with more complex security like tokens and encryption..
45y and 2M lines of MBASIC>BASICA>QBASIC>QBX>QB64 experience
(01-05-2023, 11:53 AM)mdijkens Wrote: I do a lot of simple REST/json calls in my QB64 programs. As long as it's basic auth that's fine. I do struggle however with more complex security like tokens and encryption..

I seem to recall the QB64PE devs saying it will support HTTPS down the road, so will that cover the encryption part? I'm not sure about how to do any of that stuff, but if not built in, it would certainly make for a useful library, right?
(01-05-2023, 01:14 PM)madscijr Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 11:53 AM)mdijkens Wrote: I do a lot of simple REST/json calls in my QB64 programs. As long as it's basic auth that's fine. I do struggle however with more complex security like tokens and encryption..

I seem to recall the QB64PE devs saying it will support HTTPS down the road, so will that cover the encryption part? I'm not sure about how to do any of that stuff, but if not built in, it would certainly make for a useful library, right?

Not very far down the road....  You can download from the github repo and find https support already in there.  We just need to finialize all the documentation and such, and then publish the next release for it to go live, which should be soon(tm).
(01-05-2023, 01:42 PM)SMcNeill Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 01:14 PM)madscijr Wrote:

Not very far down the road....  You can download from the github repo and find https support already in there.  We just need to finialize all the documentation and such, and then publish the next release for it to go live, which should be soon(tm).

This will be a huge new set of features!! I'll wait until the "official"
release, but am excited - thanks for the update!
(01-05-2023, 03:53 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: To say it another way, for example Kernelpanic almost doesn't comment what program he offers which has me trying to figure out what a variable does. But it could go two ways: I'm lazy and don't like long variable names, have to really sit down and comment my programs before sharing them. Smile

That's true. The explanations are in German because I have to explain to myself what I am doing and I want to be able to see immediately what I have done when I look at the source code later.

I vow to get better!  Angel

PS: I almost also always have to have the English explanations translated because they are mostly too complicated for my English.

Problems:
[Image: Probleme2023-01-06-164647.jpg]

@mdijkens
If you are on Windows, I can help you do OAuth in QB64. Super simple and easy to do. I also do a lot of REST API with QB64. Here is some code I did for the Spotify API that uses OAuth2. Spotify API with OAuth2 (WIP) Windows Only (alephc.xyz)

Let me know if you have questions.
Tread on those who tread on you

(01-06-2023, 04:10 PM)Spriggsy Wrote: @mdijkens
If you are on Windows, I can help you do OAuth in QB64. Super simple and easy to do. I also do a lot of REST API with QB64. Here is some code I did for the Spotify API that uses OAuth2. Spotify API with OAuth2 (WIP) Windows Only (alephc.xyz)

Let me know if you have questions.

Cool!
I'm definitely going to look into that!
Thanks
45y and 2M lines of MBASIC>BASICA>QBASIC>QBX>QB64 experience