Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<solved> QB64 without its IDE GUI ?
(01-08-2023, 10:08 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: Anyway I didn't "jump" into this thread. It was supposed to be in "General Discussion", if I were mod I would have moved it there since this does have to do with QB64(PE), doesn't it?

Good catch.  I didn't even notice which subforum this was in.  I've moved it to General, as you suggested.  Wink
(01-07-2023, 12:56 PM)aurel Wrote:
Quote:I know you don't like me correcting you @mnrvovrfc, but you're wrong here
i must say that i agree with SMc

and i don't know that is really easy to make qb64 version without IDE..
personally i never liked that type of DOS-like editors ..so i use my own

FB people complain about editor because id not shipped with compiler not because
not built in...

well
Maybe i will try to recompile it without IDE!

just for info, qb64pe 3.4.1 without its IDE is 4.9 Mb (4 886 712 b) large when it's 8.7 Mb (8 407 504 b) when the IDE is embedded and the command line with -x -q source -o destination works like a charm with the compiler without the IDE, something I've asked for years.

Cheers.
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue
Hi SMcNeill

I originally put my message into what I thought was the right sub-forum since its title is: QBJS, BAM and other BASICs simply because I thought my question could refer to another spinoff of QB64 or QB64PE.

Was that so wrong?

Meanwhile, it's also in a good place here. Smile

Cheers.
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue
(01-09-2023, 10:11 AM)Fifi Wrote: Hi SMcNeill

I originally put my message into what I thought was the right sub-forum since its title is: QBJS, BAM and other BASICs simply because I thought my question could refer to another spinoff of QB64 or QB64PE.

Was that so wrong?

Meanwhile, it's also in a good place here. Smile

Cheers.
Fifi

Anything QB64 related generally goes into the general discussion forums -- it makes it stand out a little more prominent to the devs and such there.  "Other BASICs" would be talk about things like FreeBasic or JustBasic or Visual Basic, or any of the countless other forms of BASIC which exist out there in the world.  Wink
(01-09-2023, 11:52 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: Anything QB64 related generally goes into the general discussion forums -- it makes it stand out a little more prominent to the devs and such there.  "Other BASICs" would be talk about things like FreeBasic or JustBasic or Visual Basic, or any of the countless other forms of BASIC which exist out there in the world.  Wink

Hi again SMcNeill,
that makes sense and I'll remember it.
Cheers.
Fifi
Quote:just for info, qb64pe 3.4.1 without its IDE is 4.9 Mb (4 886 712 b) large when it's 8.7 Mb (8 407 504 b) when the IDE is embedded and the command line with -x -q source -o destination works like a charm with the compiler without the IDE, something I've asked for years.

Cheers.
Fifi

@Fifi. just for information. I compile qb64pe 3.5.0 with the -Os option and I get :

qb64pe = 5,6 Mio

qb64pe_cli = 3,1 Mio

I renamed qb64pe to qb64pe_cli for the version without editor.

good tip SMcNeill.
I just tried to build QB64 without the IDE commenting-out the includes mentioned by SMcNeill but it still built the IDE, what am I missing?
I had already built QB64 before, should I try with a clean-uncompiled copy?
look for a qb64pe(2).exe in your folder.  It won't overwrite the existing copy and should produce a version with a different number to it.

(Or look in the /source folder for the EXE, if you have the option toggled to put the exe with the source file.)
Steve, I tried it with a clean source distribution, but it still builds the IDE, I even deleted the lines that had the '$include and also deleted the ide folder but no luck
maybe the setup re-downloads files making my efforts to no effect
(01-13-2023, 03:08 AM)Jack Wrote: Steve, I tried it with a clean source distribution, but it still builds the IDE, I even deleted the lines that had the '$include and also deleted the ide folder but no luck
maybe the setup re-downloads files making my efforts to no effect

How are you building your EXE?  With the setup_win.cmd file?  If so, that explains the issue, as it builds off the already translated version inside source/temp.   

What you want to do is make the changes in the source/ide/ide_methods.bas, and then use the existing version of qb64pe.exe to compile you a new qb64pe version with source/qb64pe.bas.