Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<solved> QB64PE' IDE problems on macOS.
Hello,

The option "Open" (or the Ctrl O command) of the File menu of the IDE simply doesn't do anything on my iMac27 (High Sierra). Confused

Any way to fix that since I can't use QB64PE 4.3.1 at all. Sad

TIA for your help. Wink

Cheers.
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue
Is this with the new dialogs, or the old open dialog at work?

[Image: image.png]

You can see the option in the menu above, if you click on the screenshot and expand it.
Hi SMcNeill,
I even did not notice there was that new option.
And yes, it's only when this option is enabled.
BTW, what is supposed to do this option when enabled?

Thank you for the workaround.
Meanwhile, looking for a fix when possible prior to remove the old dialog as said in the #247 bug report.

Cheers.
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue
With "GUI dialog" enabled, and select "File/Open" menu command, you should get an open file dialog that looks like in any other program for MacOS.

With "GUI dialog" not enabled, and select that menu command the dialog that looks like anything else in the QB64 IDE should be shown.

This should work for save file dialogs as well but I'm sure about the dialog to use to load a file.

I don't know anything about MacOS appearance styles and I don't know if you have used original QuickBASIC/QBasic. But with that indicated option disabled everything should look like those old 16-bit programs.

With the option enabled, it makes it a bit easier to access all the disks in your system, to use file history and other facilities of the "Finder" or something else. Again, I know next to nothing about MacOS, I'm only trying to help.
I did reinstall QB64PE 3.4.1 and the new open Gui problem disappeared.
Sorry for inconvenience.
However, that new method to open and search files is really slower and not really efficient on macOS.
So please, do not remove the old method on newer version of QB64PE and let the option as is it now.
Cheers.
Fifi