Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<Solved> QB64PE 4.3.1 can't compile itself anymore.
Hello,

when loading qb64pe.bas into QB64PE 3.4.1, there is an error message in the IDE saying :

Name already in use (DECLARE) on line 3911 (click here or Ctrl+Shift+G to jump there)
caused by (or after): A$ = "Expected SUB/FUNCTION definition or END", 39 DECLARE " : GoTo errmess",13

Can anyone help me to fix that?

TIA for your help.

Cheers.
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue
Sounds like you've been modifying qb64.bas for a personal version.  I dunno what the surrounding code looks like where the error is that you're seeing, but I doubt your source matches mine.
[Image: image.png]

As you can see, 3911 is nothing more than an END IF statement in the version of QB64 that I'm currently looking at.  You'll need to share a little more surrounding code to help pin-point any issue that there might be, or use CTRL-Z to undo whatever changes you made until the issue goes away, to help you zoom in on whatever the problem is.
(01-09-2023, 05:03 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: Sounds like you've been modifying qb64.bas for a personal version.  I dunno what the surrounding code looks like where the error is that you're seeing, but I doubt your source matches mine.
[Image: image.png]

As you can see, 3911 is nothing more than an END IF statement in the version of QB64 that I'm currently looking at.  You'll need to share a little more surrounding code to help pin-point any issue that there might be, or use CTRL-Z to undo whatever changes you made until the issue goes away, to help you zoom in on whatever the problem is.

Hi SMcNeill,
Nope, I swear, I didn't change any simple bite of any file of the project.
May be it's a damaged download file, but I doubt about that since the regular installation went fine (3 or 4 weeks ago).
I'll redo a download a little bit later and will let you know.
BTW, my current qb64pe.bas file has the following sha256 value computed with QuickHash v3.3.1 on my iMac under High Sierra: E703C54D33C3E4A438A58D270906F65135702086C1F0140789826F041583F1F1

Update: I re downloaded the project and I don't have the problem anymore.
Then, the good sha256 value is: 410E93882F13ABA9A05690D3CC52BCEAE213BE06C4547DD6EBBF3BB8666F03C6
And qb64pe well compiles itself again.

Cheers.
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue