Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.5.0 Released!
Thumbs Up 
I just saw this, awesome! Thank you guys for keeping up with development of QB64PE. Now I'm off to play with my https Big Grin
Great additions and fixes in this release. Thank you all for the pace qb64pe is maturing!

I think bug fix #252 (loading help from wiki via libcurl) is not working completely yet.
If I put the cursor on a _SNDOPEN command in the IDE and press F1, I still see the old wiki-page without mentioning the new 'memory' capability option?
or is something else going wrong on my end?
45y and 2M lines of MBASIC>BASICA>QBASIC>QBX>QB64 experience
(01-10-2023, 11:15 AM)mdijkens Wrote: I think bug fix #252 (loading help from wiki via libcurl) is not working completely yet.
If I put the cursor on a _SNDOPEN command in the IDE and press F1, I still see the old wiki-page without mentioning the new 'memory' capability option?

The Wiki is a work in progress. Please be patient. Don't make RhoSigma angry...

The explanation is on the first page of this thread for now.
(01-10-2023, 11:15 AM)mdijkens Wrote: Great additions and fixes in this release. Thank you all for the pace qb64pe is maturing!

I think bug fix #252 (loading help from wiki via libcurl) is not working completely yet.

That's not a problem of the Wiki download, @a740g simply doesn't made the changes to the _SNDOPEN page in time. Spoken different, at the time the new release archive was assembled, the page was still the old one.

When showing the _SNDOPEN help in the IDE, simply select the "Update current page" entry from the "Help" menu (top/right IDE corner). Make sure you're online Big Grin
Aha, did not notice that menu-option before :-)
There's even an update all (I'm currently running) 

Thanks for the tip!
45y and 2M lines of MBASIC>BASICA>QBASIC>QBX>QB64 experience
for your information, version 3.5.0 of qb64pe does not compile under ubuntu 22.04. you need to install libcurl4-openssl-dev to solve the problem.
That should be part of "build-essentials" if it's not already. I was able to build QB64PE v3.5 without problems on Manjaro MATE. I will be checking on at least four other distros.
In reference to bug fix for #282 and #284.  I would need to recompile to exe, my programs ?  Otherwise no quicker startup ?
Congrats on a new release. The new features sound quite interesting
Tread on those who tread on you

(01-10-2023, 11:49 AM)Coolman Wrote: for your information, version 3.5.0 of qb64pe does not compile under ubuntu 22.04. you need to install libcurl4-openssl-dev to solve the problem.

Did you use the setup script to build it? I added that package to the list of dependences, it should have installed it for you.

(01-10-2023, 01:45 PM)doppler Wrote: In reference to bug fix for #282 and #284.  I would need to recompile to exe, my programs ?  Otherwise no quicker startup ?

Yes, you will need to recompile your programs with the latest version.